Other Looking for a better F/A Then a K&N!!!

armymen0268

Bo-Man
So i have a BN44 on my 440, she ran pretty good but i started noticing water on the K&N and she won't suck in air as well.

So at Full throttle, she runs just over idle, don't give me some bull crap cause i know this is the problem lol

but Any info about a new air filter that will fit a BN44 will be okay. I really just have no clue what would be best without having an air problem, going stock or finding a different OEM Carb!
Thanks for the help, Bo

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
are you running the outerwears?

if you are... remove them and you will find a huge increase in performance!

Tauceti F/A i have found to be the best next to stock

Old K&N filters had fiber that will swell and constrict air flow when wet. Now they make flame arrestors for watercraft without fiber in them. Even better find a stock Yamaha 650-701 single carb arrestor, they will bolt on any mikuni 44 and do a better job of keeping water out.

armymen0268

Bo-Man
are you running the outerwears?

if you are... remove them and you will find a huge increase in performance!

Tauceti F/A i have found to be the best next to stock

Outerwears? Explain for the noob please!! :)

the stock plastic yamaha flame arrestor is the best. if you are having water issues, this will solve it.

yeah i always thought that but i have never found one just by itself. What would it need to fit the bn44?

Okay, someone gave me a "drycharger" for my K&N so I tried it last weekend. I don't think it helped a damn bit as far as water ingestion is concerned and I definitely lost a few MPH on the top end, very similar to the OEM Yamaha F/A without the pluses.

armymen0268

Bo-Man
Okay, someone gave me a "drycharger" for my K&N so I tried it last weekend. I don't think it helped a damn bit as far as water ingestion is concerned and I definitely lost a few MPH on the top end, very similar to the OEM Yamaha F/A without the pluses.

thanks for the info man, i really appreciate it!

JPCharmin

just order him a turd

i use the hot products pre-filters and have no complaints at all.. give em a try.

Top Bottom