Super Jet Looking for new prop

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post, so i hope im doing this right. Anywho, I've just put a 760 motor (61X cases with 760 cylinders) in my 1991 SN and I'm looking to upgrade my prop from factory. The motor is stock with the exception of a pro-tec pipe. But it's a project, so this could change. Other than the motor, the ski is stock. I've recently started trying some freestyle tricks so I would like something with bottom end "pop". As always, I'm a college student so I cant spend a fortune either. Suggestions? Thanks

Last edited:

JT_Freeride

John Tetenes @Jtetenes
My friend has that exact setup. His ski has zero pop. He had a solas I prop. If I were you I would get a 9/15 hooker. And a 61x topend

Prolly want to find a 61x or 62t cyl. The port timing is better for bottom end. I would contact jet maniac on this forum and get his input. He can then sell you what you need.

I was wrong about the motor I just picked up. It has 61X cylinders that are resleeved to 760. I like the sound of $100 a lot more than $220 for a prop, but again, I dont know anything about props.. I'm also looking for a dual carb set up for this motor if anyone has some.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
9/15 ftw.

Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but i have seen 62t 701 cylinders and 62t 760 cylinder, whats up with that? I assume they have the same port timing, just smaller bore?

Port timing on 62t and 760 is close to same.
Would rather run a 62t but doesnt matter what we think hes got a great start now!

Go with a single 46m sbn, you will be just as happy and will be cheaper than trying to find twin setup and 62t case

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
61x cys with 760 sleeves are a big bore kit. Should run good. But with 61x cases unless they are ported are gunna starve the motor for air. A wet jet carb and manifold will work well bc is a 46mm with stuffers n cheaper readily available but spend extra cash and an aftermarket manifold with single 46 blackjack novi ect would be real nice too.

@Yami-Rider 62t cases are the same. Just yamaha put 760 sleeves in them to make their 760 motors. Both cyls stamped 62t just bore and ports are different. Look up nuklear6 as a member and he has alot of posts about this . Great knowledge

Big Kahuna

Administrator
61x cys with 760 sleeves are a big bore kit. Should run good. But with 61x cases unless they are ported are gunna starve the motor for air. A wet jet carb and manifold will work well bc is a 46mm with stuffers n cheaper readily available but spend extra cash and an aftermarket manifold with single 46 blackjack novi ect would be real nice too.

@Yami-Rider 62t cases are the same. Just yamaha put 760 sleeves in them to make their 760 motors. Both cyls stamped 62t just bore and ports are different. Look up nuklear6 as a member and he has alot of posts about this . Great knowledge
Keith Head use to build some incredible motors using 61x cases with 760 cylinders.

760 cylinders are 64u if not mistaken. Not 62t.

Top Bottom