Looking for opinions/reviews of the eme micro & the krash industries foot rocket!!!!!

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
well im sure shes wanting to get something to put her kawi drivetrain in too. some of the hulls mentioned above wont allow you to do that. her best bet would be to do as stated above, get a superjet, ride it this year, buy a hull next winter. sell the sxr, its getting you nowhere with freeriding

3ynade5u.jpg

That's Ed on a " small " wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well im sure shes wanting to get something to put her kawi drivetrain in too. some of the hulls mentioned above wont allow you to do that. her best bet would be to do as stated above, get a superjet, ride it this year, buy a hull next winter. sell the sxr, its getting you nowhere with freeriding

Agreed. Even if she gets an aftermarket hull it would make much more sense to sell the sxr and pick up a superjet for the same price to use as a donor ski. That way she has as superjet to ride until she decides on a hull, and it gives many more options for hulls. Plus a yamaha setup is more desirable than a Kawi setup.

I'll weigh in just because I think I have a good feel for your riding style. You're very comfortable on the SXR, I think going to a foot rocket or an EME is going to be a bit of a shock. That's a big jump. As for flat water I can't really speak too much, but boat chasing I know a little about. You need a stable hull if you plan to ride for any period of time, at speed, and it needs to be comfortable. What we do here in Maryland is not at all like what other places offer, we ride for hours at a time, in chop, boat traffic and whatever other conditions might present themselves. Hence why I always argue that old race engines are perfect for what we do, rather than 3 second engines. I personally think that both of those skis are ill-equipped for what we do, they just don't make sense. The EME is a pure flat water ski, you can use if for other things, but it's not really purposed for it. The foot rocket is short and nimble, and maybe with you only being midget sized it will be less awkward but the ones I've seen in the surf (aside from Jake who is on a different level) spin and flip but don't recover well. Then again your size will probably help in this respect.

Flatwater is a sport all of it's own. I think to have a good all around ski is realistic, but you're not going to get the BEST of both worlds. I personally think that you're going down the wrong path and that neither of those skis will fit your form of riding. I personally prefer the superfreak bad ass for all around riding, and in the surf it almost flips too damn fast, it rolls with ease. Realize too that an average glass ski with you on it, is still going to weigh less than a carbon ski with one of us fatties on it. But if you're set on the Krash why not the JB-1 or Predator? They seem much better for all around riding from what I've seen. You have access to an EME in Kenny's ski, you could ride Jrocks FR2, Jason's Vision, my freak, or Justin's Rok. I'd suggest putting some seat time in before you decide. Just my humble opinion.
Well I'm most definetly not a midget & I ride Kenny's q8 more than he does soo I do have a good for for his eme & I love his ski, I just hate the super freak foot holds he has. Idk if you've ever seen where I ride but the biggest wave I see all day is from my sxr lol I'm keeping my sxr for a surf ski for sure!! As for a super freak that's just out of my budget not a ski to drop my kawi in nor is a rickter. I've done a lot of research on the foot rocket & they can be setup perfectly for surf or flat water. All foot rocket owners describe how all around Amazon they are. I wish I had the money for a super freak I'd buy one for sure.. Maybe one day in the future.

Ahh, ok I thought it was regular boat chasing we're talking about here. Sounds like a blast!
for me it's regular boat chasing that's what I do where I ride. Those guys ride somewhere completely different than me I don't see any 3 story yahts ... Yet I ride next to a "yacht club" lol I ride in a different river where I chase anything with a wake I can get some air on. Everything you've told me has been very helpful on the foot rocket! Thank you! I'll probably wait till the end of the season or next year to get one!!!!

Very true. Might wanna mention we are not riding tiny lakes/ ponds. It's the bay with average 45-50ft yatch a going 25-30 knots throwing big wakes. Where every day has mild to rough chop. I'd highly recommend a much more surf oriented style hull. Micro is wayyyyy out the question. Thats totally Flat water setup. You'll be bouncing allllll over the place and thrown off trying to run with a 50ft yatch lol.

My suggestions would be...

Super freak titan
Krash JB1 or predator
fP1
Rickter fs2
Brawler hull
Matrix
Rok
Vision

But I def agree a Rn Sj would be the ticket.

Just cause its cheap don't mean it's gonna work. I'd just try all our hulls out come spring time. And all the above you can pick up used as well. ( except predator, but soon enough I'm sure )
I can't find a lot of anything on the fp1 hulls I've tried to look into those, have any websites for them? Same with the brawler. There's like nothing on the internet!!

Very true. Might wanna mention we are not riding tiny lakes/ ponds. It's the bay with average 45-50ft yatch a going 25-30 knots throwing big wakes. Where every day has mild to rough chop. I'd highly recommend a much more surf oriented style hull. Micro is wayyyyy out the question. Thats totally Flat water setup. You'll be bouncing allllll over the place and thrown off trying to run with a 50ft yatch lol.

My suggestions would be...

Super freak titan
Krash JB1 or predator
fP1
Rickter fs2
Brawler hull
Matrix
Rok
Vision

But I def agree a Rn Sj would be the ticket.

Just cause its cheap don't mean it's gonna work. I'd just try all our hulls out come spring time. And all the above you can pick up used as well. ( except predator, but soon enough I'm sure )
We ride In very different areas! I'm not a big fan of super jets. I don't like the tray & I already have a kawi just wanna put my motor in a ski. I got a steal on motor so it's not going anywhere except into an am hull!

Here's a thread about the FP1's http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threads/fp-jetskis.137383/#post-1561904
There's quite a bit of info about the brawlers on the X here, I think it's Brian_216 and JP79 that build them, they also seem like great hulls built by great guys. Chris Anyzeski ripped it up at the Lake Erie Freeride on a Brawler, there's video of it on here somewhere. He even pulled off a 35 foot backflip off a v-wake on it, it was huge!

for me it's regular boat chasing that's what I do where I ride. Those guys ride somewhere completely different than me I don't see any 3 story yahts ... Yet I ride next to a "yacht club" lol I ride in a different river where I chase anything with a wake I can get some air on. Everything you've told me has been very helpful on the foot rocket! Thank you! I'll probably wait till the end of the season or next year to get one!!!!
You all just need to come up here an ride with us more often you'll understand alottttt more. Bobbing around small wakes down there with small boats isn't gonna get you anyplace. Plus you both did great that day. And if your gonna ride 100% flatwater a sxr swap in a Fr isn't gonna do anything still you'll need alotttttt more work $$$$$&

An SXR swap in a FR or Micro would be a decent beginner flat water hull. I saw Ryan Doberstein flatwater flip his Micro at world finals with a stock SXR800 motor and I'm sure you could do the same in a Footrocket.. It's going to take more skill than with a big motor, but her weight is a huge advantage for her.

You all just need to come up here an ride with us more often you'll understand alottttt more. Bobbing around small wakes down there with small boats isn't gonna get you anyplace. Plus you both did great that day. And if your gonna ride 100% flatwater a sxr swap in a Fr isn't gonna do anything still you'll need alotttttt more work $$$$$&

Of course! I'd deff start with my motor though to get a feel of the hull before I broke out the big bucks. But I don't have a daddy to buy me any jet ski like someone we know lol I only have a few k saved up from working at the steakhouse so well see what happens. Maybe down the road I'll get a loan. I deff like your spot on riding well come more. But ya can't beat how convenient it is for me to dock my ski on Kenny's pier & take it out whenever without hulling it around!!!

An SXR swap in a FR or Micro would be a decent beginner flat water hull. I saw Ryan Doberstein flatwater flip his Micro at world finals with a stock SXR800 motor and I'm sure you could do the same in a Footrocket.. It's going to take more skill than with a big motor, but her weight is a huge advantage for her.
Exactly! & I talked to Nick Barton about me putting my kawi into a fr & he suggested that was the best start for me if I ever were to own a fr.

But don't be like " that other person " who's got a 25k flat water ski an bobs around like a duck in the chop.
Lol that won't be me! I'll be out in the water every weekend like last year Trynna show up Kenny in any way that I can! Or at least get on his level! Can't do that with the ole hello kitty sxr lol I wasn't a bob in the water when I rode with you guys that one day so don't worry!

Frosty

New York Crew
Chasing a wakeboard boat on a lake is way different than chasing 45+ foot sport fish on a choppy river. You can't ride a short hull out here and keep up with the boats. It doesn't matter how "stable" it is, if it's really short it's not going to work. We pass over wakes from wakeboard boats while chasing some large boats.

you can on a foot rocket. I ride my FR on everything from flat water to overhead surf... don't confuse rider skill and ski length...

Top Bottom