looking for some feedback on this R&D head please...

Anyone know anything about this head?

the listing says: Yamaha Superjet 701 R+D aftermarket 61x head, 170psi and he thinks it has 36" domes

thnx all.

Attachments

• !Bmrfq)!!2k~$(KGrHqMOKiEEtjIey7)kBLgc3m6Oqw~~_35.jpg
    !Bmrfq)!!2k~$(KGrHqMOKiEEtjIey7)kBLgc3m6Oqw~~_35.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 21
lol, nah....not yet anyways....but for $15, sh** i just might. Just wondering if this will help the new sizzler run better on my RN. any thoughts anyone?

i doubt youll notice much difference. my stock ski blew about 155 psi and i doubt 15 more psi would be worth the time/ effort buying it and then installing it IMO. as wax said, nothing special over your stock head.

Every little bit counts. If it has removable domes, you can always bump it up. Most only run 180-185 on average any way, so going from 150 to 170 would have to help IMO, then just keep your eye out for domes to bump you higher.
Edit:After looking at it, I don't believe those domes are removable. Do you would be gaining a little compression, and possible better cooling, just a guess on that part. I've always heard the billet heads cool better than cast but I don't know for sure. For the price though it's hard to turn it down. And you never know, you might get more compression out of it, could be that he had it on a weak engine, or never really tested it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom