Looking for this thread. Any help?

jap7t8

Spring Fever...
I saw a thread awhile back that talked about how the front lip where the hood seal sits on a sn sj will sometimes bow down over time, preventing a proper seal. It said something about filling the "valley" with epoxy to get it level. I was wondering if anyone knows where that thread is, or has any added advice on how to successfully do this?

Thanks.

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
well... just look at where the seal sits.... if it's bowed down, just sand the area with some really coarse grit sand paper, and mix some epoxy... thicken it up a little if you want but not too much, make sure there is no holes from rivets that it will drain into up there... and pour in... it should level itself out in the seal, and as long as you put the right amount in it will make the bowed seal area in line with the rest.... no reason it wont work... just make sure you mix your epoxy exactly right so it sets up good and sand/clean the area good before putting the epoxy down... you can get all your glass stuff from us composites website...

Last edited:

jap7t8

Spring Fever...
well... just look at where the seal sits.... if it's bowed down, just sand the area with some really coarse grit sand paper, and mix some epoxy... thicken it up a little if you want but not too much, make sure there is no holes from rivets that it will drain into up there... and pour in... it should level itself out in the seal, and as long as you put the right amount in it will make the bowed seal area in line with the rest.... no reason it wont work... just make sure you mix your epoxy exactly right so it sets up good and sand/clean the area good before putting the epoxy down... you can get all your glass stuff from us composites website...

Thanks for the advice, Eric. What I am still wondering about it is how to rig something up to keep the epoxy contained on the lip and not let it flow off into the engine compartment. It is just a flat surface there so I am thinking I need to somehow fix a piece of cardboard up against it so to keep everything contained. I just need to mess with it when I get off work...

Top Bottom