Looking forward to '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Trying to organize a ride is tough work, last year was a test run and didn't turn out as we had hoped. We had about 3 dozen riders over the course of the weekend and really hope to step it up this year. We have started planning and taking action much earlier this time and really hope it pays off, most of all we would like to see riders from different areas. Our group has grown so much in the past season and are now at 30 AWA registered members and half a dozen+ yet to be registered. We are working out details as you read this and hope to have more info as soon as possible for now voice your opinion, give us pointers, tips or any info you may have. We hope to see you on the water!

Last year's ride

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Have fun with it and don't worry about how many people come!!! It is always good to throw a Riding Party once a year, even if it is for locals. It will grow over time...

Try to plan the date away from other rides in the area. I think Early June is open.

Last edited by a moderator:

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Try to plan the date away from other rides in the area. I think Early June is open.

Yeah we have been trying to do that...last year was deffinitly fun and we had a bunch of locals come out but it would be awesome to see some guys from the boards. I think if more people could see how much fun we have riding, sitting around the fire and camping out on an awesome beach talking about the past day riding, they would for sure make the trip! Thanks for the info DJ.

R Hudson

My mimi hurts!!!
I think this year it may be a good idea to get lots of good photos and maybe even some video so you can show people (to some degree) how fun it really is.

Rod

Here is a link with a few photos from last year. I will be hard at work when the snow flies putting together a page/flyer to pimp the 08 event. We aren't going to try to get to fancy, but we are going to do a few cool things and hope to get a huge turnout. We really are a pretty strong local group and want to connect with some of the other big groups!

http://www.scotthayne.com/tcjpssindex.html

Last edited:

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Here is a link with a few photos from last year. I will be hard at work when the snow flies putting together a page/flyer to pimp the 08 event. We aren't going to try to get to fancy, but we are going to do a few cool things and hope to get a huge turnout. We really are a pretty strong local group and want to connect with some of the other big groups!

http://www.scotthayne.com/tcjpssindex.html

Scott we all really appreciate all the work and time you are putting into this and hope it pays off not only for you but our group as a whole.

While we work out the details and make tons of weiner jokes on PWCToday keep an eye on this thread for updates. We really hope to see a bunch of great lakes area guys (MI, SD, WI, ND, etc.) and maybe a couple road trippers, and will do everything in our power to make it worth the trip!

Last edited:

Lucas

Surf Junkie
I was born and raised in MN (Austin), and lived there until I joined the military about 5 1/2 years ago.Spent most of it in San Diego, now Im in North Carolina. All my Family still lives there in MN so Im there a few times a year. Im a newb to PWC's but Im definatley hooked, I've been planning on taking a trip home for a week in July, so looks like I have a good excuse to bring the superjet with!

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I was born and raised in MN (Austin), and lived there until I joined the military about 5 1/2 years ago.Spent most of it in San Diego, now Im in North Carolina. All my Family still lives there in MN so Im there a few times a year. Im a newb to PWC's but Im definatley hooked, I've been planning on taking a trip home for a week in July, so looks like I have a good excuse to bring the superjet with!

That would be cool! Do what you can it would be worth the drive.:biggthumpup:

im super stoked on being pumped about the sortie. thanks for setting this up tcjp's and looking forward to seeing you there! its going to be a kick ass freeride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom