looking to buy a sj in april

after the snowmobile season is over I'm going to sell my sled and buy a superjet in April i just wanted to start looking early so i have one right away before the season even starts. I'm looking for a round nose super jet for under 3500. and under 500 miles of were i live. and i would have to sell my sled before i could but the ski in april.

Waternut

Customizing addict
If you are really committed to buying a jetski, I think your best bet is to get one now. If you have to take out a loan for a few months until you sell the sled, it would be worth it.

The reason I say this is because everyone is selling their ski's for dirt cheap right now because the season is ending. In addition the economy isn't that great so people need money too so they're willing to let a ski go for cheaper than normal. When March hits (at least in places where the lakes don't freeze), people start to get their ski's ready for spring. March through May are the BIG buy seasons and that's when prices are the highest. I wouldn't take a low ball offer in March or April because someone is bound to pay full price soon. If someone offers you a $400-$500 less in November/December...it's take it or wait 4-5 months and hope someone still wants to buy it then.

i would take out a loan for a ski i do have 1300 right now just that I'm 17 and can't take out a loan by my self and I'm not sure if my parent even qualify for a loan right now or even if they did would want to take out a loan. but that would make sense to get a loan. so I'll see what i can do. and do you know were any superjets are for sale around Minnesota

Last edited:
I wouldn't be taking out a loan on a freakin' toy.

I got a loan for my superjet... paid it off within 6 months like i had planned to do, and now i had enough credit to buy MY first car. MY car, not the car my parents let me drive, one i can take with when i move out!!

and do you know were any superjets are for sale around Minnesota

Best place to look is probally gonna be craigslist.com cause everyone here usually sells modded stuff for more than 3500. But if you bought one off a member here, chances are they know the sport and took care of thier shiat! And sometimes you can find a good stocker here for around your price.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I got a loan for my superjet... paid it off within 6 months like i had planned to do, a
In other words, you could have saved for six months and then bought a Superjet? :biggrin:

nd now i had enough credit to buy MY first car. MY car, not the car my parents let me drive, one i can take with when i move out!!
Bought or financed?
I have a feeling it wasn't YOUR car but rather the bank's car. :biggrin:

Whatever works for you. I think it's a terrible idea to buy toys that you cannot afford.

OP: Best advice I can give you is to save some hard cash and have that cash ready to dangle in front of someone desperate for a sale. That's how you get deals.
Craigslist is a great place to look, and so are local newspapers (perhaps not so much in the winter)

Last edited:
in other words, you could have saved for six months and then bought a superjet? :biggrin:

Bought or financed?
I have a feeling it wasn't your car but rather the bank's car. :biggrin:

Whatever works for you. I think it's a terrible idea to buy toys that you cannot afford.

Op: Best advice i can give you is to save some hard cash and have that cash ready to dangle in front of someone desperate for a sale. That's how you get deals.
Craigslist is a great place to look, and so are local newspapers (perhaps not so much in the winter)
x2

KR

www.krlines.com
i would take out a loan for a ski i do have 1300 right now just that I'm 17 and can't take out a loan by my self and I'm not sure if my parent even qualify for a loan right now or even if they did would want to take out a loan. but that would make sense to get a loan. so I'll see what i can do. and do you know were any superjets are for sale around Minnesota

That $1300 you have right now, put it in a safe and put the key on a high shelf that you won't be able to reach for another year. Prom, movies, dates, parties, $5 burritos x 10. It all adds up real quick. Don't buy any of that stuff. Another $800 and your riding.
:Banane57:

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
you can buy my fx-1 for $2200.....live near madison WI.

Attachments

• SANY0255.jpg
    SANY0255.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 32
  • SANY0250.jpg
    SANY0250.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 40
i'm defiantly not waiting for a superjet over 5 months from now i have 1300 right now and i would sell my sled at the end of season for around 3300 so i would have 4600 and i would want a reliable superjet without to many engine mods so i would be spending around 3500 for a 96 or 98 sj. and the loan isn't going to happen

Last edited:

DaUpJetSkier

I like square
Hey I got a pretty modded for freestyle squarenose, lotta custom stuff, I may want to sell around then, if you dont find one get a hold of me on here this spring. I live in Marquette, MI.

Speleopower

got a Superjet
Definitely no loans for toys. Loans for toys is a bad bad idea. If you can save for 6 months and buy it outright you'll have more money at the end because your not paying interest.

Sell the sled now while it is in season and you'll get a better price? You can go without riding for a few months.

Sell your sled and put all the money into a short term CD or something and get a few percentage points over 6 months or so.

I paid cash for my brand new SJ last year. Got a better deal than if I was financing. I was able to say I'll take it for X dollars if you won't take that I'm otta here!

Scott

i race sleds in the winter so i cant sell the sled until end of season and even if i got a little less if i sell it in spring i would get over 3 grand for the sled so i would have around 4500 cash and would want to spend no more than 3600 for a superjet so i should be fine and I'm not taking out a loan

Top Bottom