Other Looking to buy my first Stand up!

OK whay should I NOT buy the 550?

OK...Just found out the 750 I'm looking at (online ad) is a 750 sxi PRO hasn't run in a couple years and the guy selling it doesn't know what model year it is...(anyone know what years they made the 750 sxi PRO?) NO paperwork - Bill of sale only ...it needs new battery (anyone tell me do all these skis use the same battery?) I feel like I should just buy a battery to use in order to even go look at these used skiis... they all seem to need new batteries in every ad I see ...whats the deal? and ? carbs cleaned? ...I'm not a mechanic and don't want to play one --what else will it need after sitting a couple years? what would I check out on it to make sure it is OK? I know I should check compression but I don't know how I do that? is it possible that it will run even after sitting if I just replace the battery? -- no title for trailer , three hour drive away --- I'm in NC where they require titles for registration on trailers and boats ... Can I still register this ski? how? Is $1500 still sounding OK for this ski? ...I'm leaning toward the 650 sn sj

Im also wondering how to check the compression.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

You can go to mainly any auto parts store and rent/borrow a compression guage from them. All you do is pull a spark plug (one at a time) and screw the guage into the hole, turn the engine over until the guage maxes out (usually only a couple revolutions) and take the reading from the guage.

hey man he didn't mean til the gauge literally "maxes" out..... what he meant was about a dozen turn overs or until the gauge is not "climbing" or registering higher number readings with each turn over of the engine. And some places here will let you rent the tool for the price of a new one so..... you can either keep it and not return it since you basically bought it , or you can return it and get your loot back. I personally would just buy a new one since you'll need it later on anyways.

Thanks for clearing that up lol.
hey man he didn't mean til the gauge literally "maxes" out..... what he meant was about a dozen turn overs or until the gauge is not "climbing" or registering higher number readings with each turn over of the engine. And some places here will let you rent the tool for the price of a new one so..... you can either keep it and not return it since you basically bought it , or you can return it and get your loot back. I personally would just buy a new one since you'll need it later on anyways.

Thanks for clearing that up lol.
now how did you go about "thanking" somebody here. yes i'm newb here and have seen the ".....member has been thanked X amount of times....." how does one go about "thanking "somebody here???
I ask because i wanted to thank somebody but didn't know how other than just txt'ing a TY

oh, and no prob bro, just didn't want him trying to "max the gauge" thinking he had a junk ski , not to say he might be an idiot, but i thought that may need clarification due to the post.

Last edited:

Tmart

formerly superjet444
now how did you go about "thanking" somebody here. yes i'm newb here and have seen the ".....member has been thanked X amount of times....." how does one go about "thanking somebody here???
I ask because i wanted to thank somebody but didn't know how other than just txt'ing a TY

oh, and no prob bro, just didn't want him trying to "max the gauge" thinking he had a junk ski , not to say he might be an idiot, but i thought that may need clarification due to the post.

thank1.jpg

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
Did he remove all spark plugs before the test?
you are supposed to ground the spark plugs or you'll burn your ignition.
Am I wrong?

at 35 seconds, removeds the caps and puts them on a sea doo grounding post
yamaha and kawi dont have these, so just put the plug in the boot and ground to the head.
failure to ground = open circuit = fried coil
good catch!

So to ground id just put a wire from the end of the plug to the head, with the wire in the boot? I wanna make sure i'm understanding right

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Top Bottom