Looking to get on a stand-up ski...

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
I used 8mm... when I talked to hydroturf they said that is what most if not all of their sponsored riders use... so that was good enough for me.... I think its fine until I get older.... then maybe I will want a little extra padding?

25mm all the way. I don't have it on my ski yet, but will very soon. I did 8mm b/c that is what came with my foothold kit back in the day.

I have the 25mm "Plush" padding and waffle cut turf sheet in the garage waiting for me to get back from my honeymoon.

If you haven't ridden a ski with 25mm, you can't even imagine how much better it feels.

onesojourner

I use a thumb throttle.
90% of the people on here will tell you to get a superjet- any year.

9% are going to tell you to get an sxr.

1% are going to be old kawi hard core people that still think 550s are where its at. For the love of all that is holy ignore these people. If its a kawi and not and a sxr don't get unless its just dirt cheap.

with that said just get a superjet. You are going to have the best support team if you go that route.

slickchaos

Chaos on a SJ
90% of the people on here will tell you to get a superjet- any year.

9% are going to tell you to get an sxr.

1% are going to be old kawi hard core people that still think 550s are where its at. For the love of all that is holy ignore these people. If its a kawi and not and a sxr don't get unless its just dirt cheap.

with that said just get a superjet. You are going to have the best support team if you go that route.

thats pretty much right !
:stooges:

ctatv

2strokes forever
im back, leaning towards SJ at this point. I want to play around and it seems like the ski most people choose for that... its not wife or daughter, it is cousin lol. she won the boston MTV VJ competition a few years back..

this is me and the "wifey" (3 year GF)

So other than the square nose and round nose what are the differences in SJ by years? anything? are all the round nose SJs 701s? I have def decided I want a round nose but after whatever it is 96? did they change anything going forward beyond there? I dont really know anything about the history of the yamaha line since what i know came from my uncle who rode kawis...

how much harder is it going to be to learn to ride on a SJ then on an SX-R? I ride dirtbikes & motorcycles so i dont have the worst balance by any means but my uncle basically told me riding a standup is like riding a hotdog with an engine when you first start

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

100_2823.jpg

i cant resist, i just got a new car this january, getting a hitch for it in the next month or so and we just got a small flatbed so I can carpet some 2x4s and mount them on there jetski trailer good to go...

SM010.jpg

Last edited:

ctatv

2strokes forever

im pretty sure I want a full standup. If i were going to get a sit down to play with id get a8 96 XP (older better hull than 97) or an HX. as much as I never thought id hear myself say this.. I want to hold on to a big pole in the warm water...:shhh:

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
cta, I like you man. gettin into stand ups, got that kid rock look that we detroiters respect, that chick wasn't your wife or daughter, and those subarus have a horizontally opposed 4 cyl....as long as you're not a red sox fan welcome aboard!

I just got a brand new SXR last summer and I ride on Lake Michigan which can get quite rough on somedays. I really wanted a SJ but it wasn't my choice because I'm only 17 and my dad paid for it. With no mods, it's still REALLY fun on those rough days. However, those rare flat days leave me with limited air but it's still fun to practice other kinds of tricks.

I say...if you're not going to put more mods into an SXR, get a superjet. From my perspective, the SN and RN that ride around me just seem to get so much more air and are a lot more fun for flat water (which seems like you are riding).

It's really perference though. If you feel like going fast with tight turns and limited flatwater tricks get an SXR. Well I wouldn't say limited, just less tricks than a SJ (unless you mod it).

slickchaos

Chaos on a SJ
cta, I like you man. gettin into stand ups, got that kid rock look that we detroiters respect, that chick wasn't your wife or daughter, and those subarus have a horizontally opposed 4 cyl....as long as you're not a red sox fan welcome aboard!

dude.. Ct is half redsox half yankee country..

lets go redsox....:thewave:

get a sJ !! theres a couple for sale in masss craiglists

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
my tigers are clawing back in the a.l. central...you'll see.

omg this may be the most jacked thread ever.

how's the weather where you are?

ctatv

2strokes forever

hell yeah thats the 2.5 same block as the STi just a smaller turbo stock. mine's a Spec.B which comes with nav, some nice stuff & Bilstien tuned suspension. Going to do DP/UP and Access Port tuner bump the power up... its 250hp stock, sti stock is 302.

My dad's parents are from the rochester area and my moms are from NYC... Yankees all the way.

yeah my hair is shorter now since im going to be applying for jobs but havent shaved clean in a long while. the girlfriend doesnt like me clean shaven she wants a man not a boy FTW

im not in a financial position to buy until the fall/winter i like to start early and feel confident in my decision...

Last edited:

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
if polanco's head circumference increases by more than 2cm, he will bat .650 for the rest of his life. they'll have to custom make a helmet for him haha.

slickchaos

Chaos on a SJ
how much did miggy cabera cost ?? ?? and is he worth it..

tigers were nuts to give hime the contract right away..

you guys need pitching !!!

bah i still dont follow. havent watched a full game since the first strike in like 94. i just like to trash talk the tigers. they seem to be cursed by the lions or something. both have decent teams and players just cant seem to follow thru

Top Bottom