Looks like Rickter is back!

At the rickter relaunch announcement page:

It says:

“However, we would like to address a recent issue. A former partner and a previous distributor have launched a product that closely resembles our own. While it features our original design elements, we want to clarify that those products are in no way affiliated with the Rickter Brand and also not with our long-time partner and engineer (Ninja) Hiro Ogino, designer and co-designer of many Ninja hulls and parts.

We believe it is important for the personal watercraft community to discuss the trend of aftermarket companies copying original products. At Rickter, we are dedicated to this industry and to creating products that contribute to its growth. Despite these challenges, we will continue to support our riders, distributors, and partners because we are stronger together.”

Specifically, to what companies and products are they referring to as copies? Who is the “former partner” and what is their beef here?

At the rickter relaunch announcement page:

It says:

“However, we would like to address a recent issue. A former partner and a previous distributor have launched a product that closely resembles our own. While it features our original design elements, we want to clarify that those products are in no way affiliated with the Rickter Brand and also not with our long-time partner and engineer (Ninja) Hiro Ogino, designer and co-designer of many Ninja hulls and parts.

We believe it is important for the personal watercraft community to discuss the trend of aftermarket companies copying original products. At Rickter, we are dedicated to this industry and to creating products that contribute to its growth. Despite these challenges, we will continue to support our riders, distributors, and partners because we are stronger together.”

Specifically, to what companies and products are they referring to as copies? Who is the “former partner” and what is their beef here?
They are referring to Rise Hulls

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
This kind of thing happens when you have overseas companies make your hulls , the next thing you know they are your competition instead of your business partner.

I heard this a long time ago and having had a few business partners I know it to be true ;

The first thing you should do when setting up any type of business partnership is figure out how to dissolve the business partnership .

Anyone see prices on these yet?

Edit: Prices are starting to circulate , Freestyle Hulls are North of $11k for Carbon.
I just posted prices on the site. These prices are landed in California, with no overseas shipping charges. The carbon airscoop is included, and the prices are lower than before. All carbon models are now over $1500 cheaper than in previous years. Rick is definitely pushing hard to bring the brand back. I’m not on the forum much, but please reach out with any questions about Freestyle Connections lineup of top-quality hulls.

I just posted prices on the site. These prices are landed in California, with no overseas shipping charges. The carbon airscoop is included, and the prices are lower than before. All carbon models are now over $1500 cheaper than in previous years. Rick is definitely pushing hard to bring the brand back. I’m not on the forum much, but please reach out with any questions about Freestyle Connections lineup of top-quality hulls.

Is the carbon airscoop installed at the factory or still DIY?

Top Bottom