lost??? Aftermarket exhaust question

Last December I purchased a Riva, "type 4" Factory Pipe system aka the Original Ltd/ss dry pipe for a rn sj. My ski is stock......bolt ons only....when i bought the pipe I was under the impression that it would be a good pipe choice for my sock pump and engine set up.....i know the pipe is "obsolete" by todays standards but, i have been hearing that this pipe has problems.....My husdband has a 750 sxi pro with a FP dry pipe....absolutely loves it...no problems!!! We are ablsolutely NOT afraid to wrench on our skis....but, i don't want to turn my ski into a basketcase. Please respond if you have this pipe or know anything about....also if you this pipe on your ski with an ecwi....the pipe originally does not appear to have had the plug removed for an ecwi set up. please assist if you can....or recommend what I do.

Confused and apparently possibly stupid,

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
i had problems with the coupler blowing holes in it... probly because it was not alinged right with the exhaust manifold. if you take the time to install it right it should be a great pipe. i belt sanded the "barb" off my manifold to make it easy to install the couplers on the exhaust manifold, if you do that and use a good "T bolt" style band clamp, you should be ok. when you install it, take the time to "fit" the pipe to the manifold so when its all bolted in on the lord mounts it sits right up against it. also i think there is some special gasket maker that your supposed to use on the coupler, i forget its been a while. i got fed up with it and got at limited B pipe after a while, however, knowing what i know now, i think if i still had it i would give it another shot.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I have not personally ran it, but I have ridden a couple of skis with them.
One of them (User CrashSki's ski) has an otherwise stock engine - no porting, stock dual 38 carbs.
Pulls really nice. I very much like it.

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
Don't bother with the Water injection. My husband I love our dry pipes. We never considered water injection. It's just something eles to maintain. The type 4 / Riva Freeride Pipe are great pipes. Since the hubby has become a semi pro installing the pipe. Our couplers have been lasting longer.

Love my pipe, the only thing I can say bad about it is you have to pull the engine to do any motor work i.e. (change the starter pull the head). I have been running the same coupler now for three year and the ski has been reliable up until this trip to Pismo when my starter failed. The pipe responds really well when you bump the compression up and advance the timing. I run an MSD enhancer and an ADA head with 35cc dome @ 185psi compression. When I put both of these on it really woke up the pipe/engine, my impeller is skat 13/18 3mm cut back.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Don't bother with the Water injection. My husband I love our dry pipes. We never considered water injection. It's just something eles to maintain. The type 4 / Riva Freeride Pipe are great pipes. Since the hubby has become a semi pro installing the pipe. Our couplers have been lasting longer.
Hey Cat, heard you ran into Madscientist..........I'm going to try the digital injection and put it on a toggle to see if the improvement is really worth it, otherwise away it goes.:wiggle:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
No not for that price $18 each the Napa stuff looks heavier and you can get 10 couplers out of one stick $6 a coupler
That ebay store that sells the HTP silicone products has 12 or 36 inch long sticks you can get at a decent price also.

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
Hey Cat, heard you ran into Madscientist..........I'm going to try the digital injection and put it on a toggle to see if the improvement is really worth it, otherwise away it goes.:wiggle:

Yes, This Strange Dude just walked up to and said "Nice Superjets" I was floored he knew what they were. I should have said "Boy you're not from around here are you" Small World LOL

I just skipped the water injection and when to TL. Post your results I would interested. I love gadgets

That ebay store that sells the HTP silicone products has 12 or 36 inch long sticks you can get at a decent price also.

Thanks more resources the better.

Top Bottom