Custom/Hybrid LOST my new Brawler Hull

wakecanada

I love jetski
1621904_10151942399711503_8860100085169553976_n.jpg

soooooooo Sunday at a yearly ride my hood jumped the seal on some back flip attempts in lake Erie 4-5 foot-rollers.

got a tow line on it and after some more unfortunate circumstances while trying to secure it . I had to finally let it go as it pulled me under a few feet.

had divers out on Monday with side scan sonar but not too much luck the vessel was too big for the area so it was hard to do a good grid. Tuesday out all day with some down scan sonar( all we could get that day)
ski is in 30 feet or more right now

to make matters worse the rivers that come out to the lake have been majorly flooded there is so much silt there is almost zero visibility for thousands of feet radius around were it went down.

i have now arranged two retired men who treasure hunt and will be diving and looking every chance they can get... i live about three hours away from where it went down and cant take anymore time off work so i will have to leave it in there hands for now.

there is video on a go pro of this whole ordeal but I'm not going to post it in till i find the ski as i don't want to watch it again ...

everyone who rides should have a throw bag with a rope marker Velcro there ski at the minimum.. if i get it back i never will ride anywhere without one

D-Roc

I forgot!
Anyone is welcome back to stay at our place. Plenty of room. This will be the summer of the brawler search. It is a challenging spot for a recovery but Dave has some very experienced guys giving it a go.

Sent from my iSpud using Tapatalk

I hope you find it soon! If I was anywhere near you I would be out there helping you dive for it. Are there any more local riders that can help you search?

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Fast Elements sells a retriever bag to mark sinking ski's. Saw it at wavedaze a few years back, It's a really nice product.

wakecanada

I love jetski
No insurance. I tried once. On my moded superjet they laughed.

There is Some foam in the tray but with rickter pole no foam in the nose like any ski thy sink our aftermarket skis don't float good. In general we need marker bags and other measures and I would have been riding. Yes fast elements have what I should have had. And will be getting one.

subhard

TITS OR GTFO
What kind of hood securing system did you have? I feel like hood straps or a ratchet strap system should be the first line of defense against sinking skis. I know they don't make your ski invincible but I feel like losing a hood is the number one reason I hear of skis sinking. People shouldn't be relying on hood latches

wakecanada

I love jetski
Droc and his family are the best made me feel like I'm part of the family and allowing indefinite extended stays. Alot of great people I ride with driving hours to go diving taking work off and scouring with me in the rain for hours and hours in boats .

I thought I liked this sport because of the jetskis but came to realize it's because the people I like the most.
Love ya droc... No homo

wakecanada

I love jetski
Had a double band brap strap hood is still on it jumped the seal on impact andoopened up a few inches and a four foot Wave crashed over me. Freak unlucky circumstances.

My honest opinion get a floater bag. I will never ever ride again without one. This would have been over in an hour if it went down and had that

Top Bottom