Lost on motor build...

Well I have been cruising through this site as well as PWCtoday to learn as much as I can about motor combos and set ups before posting this thread. And I have learned a lot so far, but now it is time to get a little more specific.

I am in the planning process of building a freestyle boat out of a SN SJ hull ( :beerchug: Thanks Wydopen!) that is lacking a powerplant and electronics and a few other odds and ends. I dont have the hull yet, but I figure why not start my homework now. I have been wrenching on kawi's all my life and this will be the first Yamaha motor build. So, I am looking for any input on a good setup for some basic wave riding and flatwater as well. Im not the richest kid in the world so I am trying to keep my costs as low and efficient as possible.

Starting from scratch here...with no idea where to go...:feedback:

Thanks ahead for any input. When I can scratch the dough together and get some space, I cant wait to get this build goin!

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Go with a limited setup (pipe, prop, ignition), keep it simple.

I see a lot of guys going with setups that are way more than they need or are capable of handling,take Crabs advice,you can always upgrade later after you have mastered what you have.

Go with a limited setup (pipe, prop, ignition), keep it simple.

Awesome, thanks. Another thing I have no idea about is the differences/similarities in the 62T and X cases. Or what model years they will mount up to. Im sure there is already a thread on this subject and will do a search on this one as well.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
62t cases are preferable, but 61x is good too
701 would be my target, but if you find a good deal on a 760 get it
B pipe would be preferable, but there are quite a few pipes that work well also

I'd shoot for a complete engine from a reputable seller so you aren't piecing things together and missing parts.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
This is my limited.

Attachments

• IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 28

wydopen

onthepipe
Really? Awesome...:headbang:

Now what is that you have against the footholds? haha Becuase I was thinking of throwing some in....:sneaky:

nothing i like to give these guys a hard time..(you need them for flatwater freestyle )...yea i have a 650case with a 701cyl.milled head .its a good motor..its been sitting for a while..get th ehull ready first then we can see if u need it...you would probally need a aftermrket exhaust to get it to run decent..you might be better off finding a stock one with stock exhaust to keep the cost low

Last edited:
nothing i like to give these guys a hard time..(you need them for flatwater freestyle )...yea i have a 650case with a 701cyl.milled head .its a good motor..its been sitting for a while..get th ehull ready first then we can see if u need it...you would probally need a aftermrket exhaust to get it to run decent..you might be better off finding a stock one with stock exhaust to keep the cost low

haha got ya

Right on. Then I will cross the motor bridge later on down the road. But will keep my eyes peeled for a stocker.

x-scream has em in stock I thought? surprised Radney hasn't jumped in here yet, he must be slackin!!!!! :jester: :twak:

I've had a great experience with team scream/x-metal. Great work, strong communication and support, before and after the purchase. Only downfall was the wait. If they have them in stock, its a no brainer.

I'm a newb, and am confident in saying that I suck. Now, in addition to not being able to ride very well, I can barely hold on... All I know is that arm yank=fun. For me at least... Do what makes you happy. If you want power, go for it....

I've had a great experience with team scream/x-metal. Great work, strong communication and support, before and after the purchase. Only downfall was the wait. If they have them in stock, its a no brainer.

I'm a newb, and am confident in saying that I suck. Now, in addition to not being able to ride very well, I can barely hold on... All I know is that arm yank=fun. For me at least... Do what makes you happy. If you want power, go for it....

I'm a noob to man. So I appreciate your input!

Top Bottom