Lower back pain after riding a B1?

Im new to this B1 stuff. Just got mine a couple months ago and only have a handful of rides on it. Seems though that after every ride my lower back is hurting. I usually stand so Im wondering if its that 'hunched over' position thats making me feel like this. Anyone else have this problem?

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I agree with Mark.

Just sit down on your B1. That's what the seat is for.

Just because you stand, doesn't mean it's not a couch.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Nice and comfortable.

ym50_doc-33-waveBlaster.jpg

So the pain will fade away? Since I bought mine, I've been riding it almost every day and my lower back hurts a lot today :).. I am 5 11 toll, 155pounds

P.S. referring to standup, not seat down ski

str8pinned

SHAKE & BAKE
So the pain will fade away? Since I bought mine, I've been riding it almost every day and my lower back hurts a lot today :).. I am 5 11 toll, 155pounds

put some honda double high dirt bike bars on it, i did it to mine when i had it and it was a million times better sitting or standing

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
put some honda double high dirt bike bars on it, i did it to mine when i had it and it was a million times better sitting or standing

he has a standup, so that won't work....

Enthusiast, just keep riding. You can be in the best shape of your life, but if you dont ride a ski regularly, you are not in "jet ski shape".

Do yourself a favor and buy a blowsion spring, will make your pole weightless...

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
Make sure you have your elbows slightly bent when riding and lean forward a bit. If you constantly lock them out this can result in back pain.

AZRIDER

stupid desert
my shoulders always hurt, but that it because i hold on during falls, all other standup realted pains will fade..
wb1's hurt my knees that stuff they put on the tray like the seat love to hit my knees
pole springs are overrated u get over holding it up more excericise plus running it tight is better for the surf

couch.jpg is one answer
I found that my arms will fall asleep at night due to the pressure placed on my palms hunching over after a surf day - Taller bars may help but make it a bit different to sidemount.

Pole springs are so.... yesterday :)

You all need to bend your knees (alot). Stop locking your knees and bending at the waist that is what is hurting your back. All during your ride concentrate on keeping your knees bent and your back straight, you will be amazed at how much better you will ride and how much less your back will hurt. This will really work your Quads so your sessions may need to be a little shorter.

Top Bottom