LSFR freeride series or tour?

Melmack

(Timothy)
With the recent success of LSFR, Sidsol and I are kicking around the idea of bringing the Texas free rides under an umbrella of LSFR to make the LSFR tour. Were looking for feedback about this. The general Idea would be to Kick off the season in April at LSFR Port A and end in October with LSFR Surfside/Crystal beach. There would be a stop every other month or so(Just 4-5 events.) We could include the August event at Mud cove on lake Travis and possibly the Texoma ride. We could do shirts/hoodies and a multi piece puzzle type decal to collect. The idea here would be to bring all the events together and encourage all of us to attend every event. Let me know what you think. More to come as we work out the details and process the feedback...

wish i could be there. And i know it doesnt sounds like a bad idea at all. I could always try to make a coulpe events as close to me as possible

It sound like a really good idea and a lot of fun but Im not sure I could afford to go to more than a few far away places per year especially with my 9mpg blazer LOL. I should have my other truck up and going this summer so that should help out with fuel mileage. Good luck on making this happen and lmk if yall need help doing anything like designing shirts or something like that, maybe I could help.

get a honda and u wont have to worry about mpg

It sound like a really good idea and a lot of fun but Im not sure I could afford to go to more than a few far away places per year especially with my 9mpg blazer LOL. I should have my other truck up and going this summer so that should help out with fuel mileage. Good luck on making this happen and lmk if yall need help doing anything like designing shirts or something like that, maybe I could help.

Sounds like a great idea, we'd be riding anyway. I can help with the graphic design.

I'll be at Mudd Cove tomorrow morning (Sunday).

Last edited:

Melmack

(Timothy)
That's the whole idea though, just 4-5 rides so that most of us can commit to them. For me, it will help me commit to a far away ride like Texoma where I feel no obligation to go right now. If I want boat wakes, I have my own river and lake Travis, but, being part of the tour, I would make it more of a priority.

BTW, I wont be there Sunday. Have to get back to the fam. I'm finnaly making it out to mud cove on a Saturday though. Hopefully the boats will be rockin' !!!

JD232racing

Yard full of ski's
Crystal Beach Sounds good, I know of a few Beaumont riders that would show up for that. I would be happy to come take pictures and hang out. Will TX numbers required at your events? We only ride Private lakes in the Southeast TX area, less hassle.

Melmack

(Timothy)
Yes you technically need numbers and registration at all our events. Our events are loosely organised at this point to make them low key and inexpensive. I will say this though, I have never, in 20 years of riding been checked for a fire extinguisher or had my registration checked at the beach. This year I had my registration stickers expired with the new stickers in the truck for two surf rides. One cop mentioned it but did nothing. It is illegal but you get away with it in surf because the jurisdiction is blurry here in Texas. Cops don't care about boats and water cops never seem to show up at the beach. On lake and river rides however, I would never chance it. If this thing grows, We can consider sectioning off a ride zone in Port A. I have already spoken with the city about this. We never mentioned the registration but we could eventually grow this one event into something like Daytona if that's where everyone wants to take it. Personally, I would rather keep it low key and obscure but get more and more riders.

Last edited:
We would do it, other than Lewisville, EVERYTHING is a long drive for us. Daniel will pretty much go anywhere for a GTG. I'm a little sketchy, but as a start, Mudd Cove was a blast for me. Makes me want to go more places now.

Woot ,, i have some new idea to talk to Melmack about but really excited about this.

@KD57 It was awesome chatting with you and thanks for letting me ride a Trinity!

Same here, thanks for bringing the food, especially the ribs! Are your arms sore from the Trinity's pole?
FWIW, Tim didn't like it either, lol.

So right now we have something looking like

1. Port a
2. Austin
3. Texacoma
4. Crystal Beach
?????????

I wonder if we can get a lake lewis and 3 palms ride in this =)

Last edited:
3 rides down there and only one up here? We need at least one more up north. :chairshot:

But I understand it might be hard, our lakes aren't very catering to jet skiers, beach launching, and camping, lol. Lewisville would be a good place, I might be wrong, but I think they want you out by dark.

Top Bottom