LSP - Ready to Krash?

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
He said he can do 5 flips in a row on it and he can also idle flip it.

Says it rivals the quality of a $25000 build and he’s ready to roll out a lot of units next month.

The surf ski has a flat tray, no pesky foothold deep buckets to deal with. Has a 155 pump also.

I have a feeling it’s gonna be way better than the krash skis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
He said he can do 5 flips in a row on it and he can also idle flip it.

Says it rivals the quality of a $25000 build and he’s ready to roll out a lot of units next month.

The surf ski has a flat tray, no pesky foothold deep buckets to deal with. Has a 155 pump also.

I have a feeling it’s gonna be way better than the krash skis

Just a Hull, graphics and Turf with adjustable holds package from LSP is 11,750$
Which is honestly less than I would have guessed, I know you would need to add I assume a custom length drive and mid shaft as well.
SO will be interesting to see where the cuts come into play as $12,500 is where you would be on hull only.
Speaking from experience, Making a glass hull vs., carbon ends up taking more time and the cost savings isn't as much as you would think, maybe a $1000 difference which is quickly ate up in the extra time spent.
I would venture to say Lee Stone could back to back flip my 701 T1 and that drive train in a much smaller and more buoyant hull would make the 5 flip combo a very viable thing for HIM. But my drive train alone would cost $6500 minimum using new parts to put together not including cables and mounts, hardware, intermediate, battery , starters, Bendix and fuel tank.

Comparing or using the Krash as a measure would be a huge mistake IMO, I just do not understand why someone went through all that time and effort to produce such an inferior product. Cost had to be their only guide.

I cannot find anything , even on instagram about this so if someone sees something, please post the links, I am very curious.

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I heard somewhere that he's about to release about 100 units to the market. It will be interesting for sure .
I would think to keep the price at 12,500 , there would be alot of "chinese " parts on it.

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
I heard somewhere that he's about to release about 100 units to the market. It will be interesting for sure .
I would think to keep the price at 12,500 , there would be alot of "chinese " parts on it.

Your pole is made in china and it’s nice.

Make 300 the first round and 500 the next round and it’s pretty cheap per unit.

I remember hearing the krash pump cost $5 to make after the initial cost of the part.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Made in China isn't really as negative as it used to be, nor is it as cheap as it used to be. If the design and material choices are goo, China has the tech. now to produce great parts. As does Indonesia.
If someone actually took the time to have castings designed properly and molds made properly, then took the time to find proper sources , and came up with the up front cash to buy a large quantity at a time. then producing alot of aftermarket and OEM parts overseas can save you probably 30% over doing it here. But for all the parts that go into our skis you would be looking at a poop ton of planning, organizing and up front funding.
Something I would love to do if I were LOADED and had no job!
If he builds 100 units, he will be out a million dollars minimum and god knows how long it would take to get the 1.25 mil return.

MAybe we are all just thinking too small LOL.

Its a cool idea and market needs it imo, hopefully it goes well and its easy with spareparts and warranty claims.

12.500 sounds cheap compared to what every part of a standup ski costs as sparepart

Last edited:
Made in China isn't really as negative as it used to be, nor is it as cheap as it used to be. If the design and material choices are goo, China has the tech. now to produce great parts. As does Indonesia.
If someone actually took the time to have castings designed properly and molds made properly, then took the time to find proper sources , and came up with the up front cash to buy a large quantity at a time. then producing alot of aftermarket and OEM parts overseas can save you probably 30% over doing it here. But for all the parts that go into our skis you would be looking at a poop ton of planning, organizing and up front funding.
Something I would love to do if I were LOADED and had no job!
If he builds 100 units, he will be out a million dollars minimum and god knows how long it would take to get the 1.25 mil return.

MAybe we are all just thinking too small LOL.
Agree! It is only as cheaply made as the part drawings and specs require it to be made, not everything from china is automatically chinesium and paper mache.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Finally, some common sense about China. Sure, you can buy cheap stuff from them if you like, but 6061 aluminum is an international standard. The funny thing is, at Wax Racing Products, we get approached by a lot of companies in China wanting us to switch from our current suppliers to them. They even show us products they’re already making for the PWC industry.

You’d be surprised just how many parts on your skis that are "Made in the USA" are actually manufactured by these companies. And I’m not talking about knock-offs—they’re the ones making the originals for those brands.

holygoat

Site Supporter
Glad to finally see some thought put into the made in china question. I've had parts made in china that far surpass what local shops will give us, for half the price.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Glad to finally see some thought put into the made in china question. I've had parts made in china that far surpass what local shops will give us, for half the price.
When we started Wax Racing Products, our goal was to manufacture everything here in Australia. We really tried to make it happen, but we quickly realized that the cost of just the raw materials here was almost as much as the entire finished product in China. We had to make a tough decision—either we go into business and sell parts or not do it at all.

We knew there would be people who might complain about where our products are made or the price we’d have to charge if we made them locally. So, we opted for a more affordable retail price using the same high-quality materials, figuring that it was the better choice for our customers. Hopefully, things will change in the future, and we’ll be able to manufacture in Australia or the USA at a reasonable price.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Wonder how cheap you could build a 701 clone in China? Probably be decent if you stuck with Jap quality bearings.
The challenge with making high-performance parts is that sometimes someone will modify their engine, push it too far, and end up blowing it up. Instead of considering their own tuning skills or setup, they might be quick to blame the parts and label it as "cheap China crap," making a fuss on social media. It's frustrating because the real issue often lies in improper tuning rather than the quality of the components.

We’ve got cylinders and cases ready to go, pre-ported to my exact specs, but it costs a lot of money to produce them. What really worries us is the potential fallout if someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing gets their hands on them, messes up their setup, and then trashes our product on YouTube or Facebook. The financial risk just isn’t worth it for us, especially when the quality of the work can be overshadowed by someone’s lack of experience.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
The challenge with making high-performance parts is that sometimes someone will modify their engine, push it too far, and end up blowing it up. Instead of considering their own tuning skills or setup, they might be quick to blame the parts and label it as "cheap China crap," making a fuss on social media. It's frustrating because the real issue often lies in improper tuning rather than the quality of the components.

We’ve got cylinders and cases ready to go, pre-ported to my exact specs, but it costs a lot of money to produce them. What really worries us is the potential fallout if someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing gets their hands on them, messes up their setup, and then trashes our product on YouTube or Facebook. The financial risk just isn’t worth it for us, especially when the quality of the work can be overshadowed by someone’s lack of experience.
Good point. The amount of time helping first time tuners would be a nightmare too.. I will buy a cylinder if you ever decide to get rid of one. =)

Yes, and there is this second part of manufacturing a ready to run ski, you will have yo deal with alot of warranty claims that probably happens beacuse of improper usage/tuning/retardness, thats a quite bit to deal with, and that will fast cost a lot of money

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Good point. The amount of time helping first time tuners would be a nightmare too.. I will buy a cylinder if you ever decide to get rid of one. =)
I absolutely love supporting the ski industry, and anyone who’s messaged me or asked a question here knows that. But trying to support a cylinder and engine would be a full-time job on its own, and all it takes is one person to say, "Ahh, they’re crap," and then sales dry up. It’s frustrating when you go out of your way to help people, only to see them turn around and badmouth your company. That's why I much prefer the X community—it just doesn’t happen here.

Top Bottom