M8 x 1.25 Stainless Acorn/Cap Nuts ... HELP!

retroicon

XX-xx-XX-xx-XX
Does anyone know where I can find some M8 x 1.25 Stainless Acorn/Cap Nuts ... I've looked online with no luck, looked locally with no luck. Anyone have a lead for me?

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
www.mcmaster.com

acornhex.gif

Part Number: 94000A039 $7.12 per Pack of 10
Nut Type
Acorn Nuts
Acorn Nut Type
Hex
Material Type
Stainless Steel
Finish
Plain
Grade/Class
Not Rated
Stainless Steel Type
18-8 Stainless Steel
Thread Size
M8
Metric Thread Pitch
1.25 mm
Thread Depth
7.87 mm
Thread Direction
Right-Hand Thread
Width
13 mm
Height
15 mm
Thread Type
Standard Threads
Rockwell Hardness
B60
Thread Fit
Class 6h
Specifications Met
Deutsche Industrie Normen (DIN)
DIN Specification
DIN 1587
Note
Thread depth is minimum thread depth.

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
You can always order them from a Kawasaki dealer, as most of the watercraft head nuts are acorn cap nut in 8mmX1.25

Yeah, thought that was the write size. I didnt read the instruction until AFTER i had installed my case studs......using my acorn nuts:banghead: just totally didnt think about it! Ended up costing me like $10 for 6 of them:bigeyes: from ADA

Does anyone know where I can find some M8 x 1.25 Stainless Acorn/Cap Nuts ... I've looked online with no luck, looked locally with no luck. Anyone have a lead for me?

Also get yourself two of the same size hex nuts to put on the girdle bolt and lock down against each other so you can tighten the girdle bolt down into the cases so you don't make the mistake Wasteland made unless you have already made that mistake.

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
so you don't make the mistake Wasteland made unless you have already made that mistake.

I believe he already has, lol. Tricky1 introduced me to a new type of tool "Stud Wrench." They work on studs. stuck bolts, broken off bolts. They are like a gator grip...only they work well:biggthumpup:

I believe he already has, lol. Tricky1 introduced me to a new type of tool "Stud Wrench." They work on studs. stuck bolts, broken off bolts. They are like a gator grip...only they work well:biggthumpup:

Yeah man thats the right way to do it, but I when I was doing mine Lowes had the two hex nuts and didnt have the stud tool. The hex nuts were cheaper too:biggthumpup:

njfl

X-H2
If the stud puller/installer tool is the one that I think it is, it has been around for quite a while, just not widely used. SUPERTUNE uses them and I picked up a set for myself. They install and remove using bearings to grip the stud. Definitely a good investment for carb manifold studs, heads, etc.

SK-Facom makes a really nice one:
http://www.sktools.com/productcatalog.cfm?cfid=5190001&cftoken=28643488

You can get the SK ones off eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SK-F...002QQitemZ120017557440QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

You can also get a cheap Chinese version off eBay here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-PC...tegoryZ43996QQihZ015QQitemZ250055805563QQrdZ1

I'd opt for SK though if you can outlay the extra $.

tom21

havin fun
only problem with those is they indent the threads and worse depending on how stuck the stud is. I used to use them but on studs that you need to reuse later I go with the double nut setup. and you can also put some vise-grips on the smooth part of the stud for the particularly stubborn ones in combination with the wrench. Never found one I couldn't remove yet! plus you can use a socket once you break it loose to turn it out quicker, just my .02. later

only problem with those is they indent the threads and worse depending on how stuck the stud is. I used to use them but on studs that you need to reuse later I go with the double nut setup. and you can also put some vise-grips on the smooth part of the stud for the particularly stubborn ones in combination with the wrench. Never found one I couldn't remove yet! plus you can use a socket once you break it loose to turn it out quicker, just my .02. later

Yeah man I dont see a problem with the "2nut" method.
Works fine and is cheap.

njfl

X-H2
Yeah man I dont see a problem with the "2nut" method.
Works fine and is cheap.

There is nothing wrong with the 2 nut method. People have used it for years. The socket removers/installers are just a way to make life easier.

I've not had a problem with damaging threads yet with the sockets, but i have not encountered any difficult, stuck studs either.

Top Bottom