Madpower X-2 chamber

X2Pilot

X2 v2.0
No not dialed in, matter of fact I spent 6 hours yesterday trying a couple dozen setups, differnt pop offs, low speed combos, water on, water off, couldnt get it to come out of the hole or transition low to high speed. I was extremely frustrated by the end of the day, not to mention cold. One thing I discovered is, if I was going along, throttle pinned it would just dog, maybe 3000 rpm, and if I took it out of the water by jumping the ski and letting the pump free spin momentarily, it would wake up and take off like a rocket, arm wrenching mid range and GREAT top end, but no bottom end, it was just dog city. My last attempt will be with a lower pitch impeller like a 9/17 to see if it helps by keeping the rpms up....right now I am running a 13.5/18
I have a request into the guy that I bought the pipe from to see if he can contact Motoine Racing and give me some tuning specs....I am thinking it may require water injection to work. That will not help me as the class I race does not allow water injection....Will keep you informed! Wish me luck.

Last edited:

X2Pilot

X2 v2.0
Wooo Hooo! Got it finally. She runs real good, got a slight stumble on hard right turns but accelleration is real good and mid range pull is great, definitely better than the FPP chamber and I think theres more to be squeezed out of the top end. With a little more tuning it will be 100%, but am very happy with it right now. The SXR racers are going to like this chamber too!

EDIT: even tho this chamber came with the stinger tube I was told by the supplier that it is not for injecting water.....he didnt say what it was for but I closed the jetworks valve so that it is only putting water in at the very highest rpm because I am scared to run it completely dry. I have wrapped the waterbox in hydroturf to help with overheating and foam meltdown but I think that even with that, if I go completely dry it will melt even the HT.

Last edited:

X2Pilot

X2 v2.0
More Motoine Madness!! This is made for the SXR, to be used with the dry pipe manifold. I know it says Harf Dry but I am sure they mean Half Dry, its an interesting looking chamber for sure
MotoineHalfDryChamber.jpg

SXR-050.jpg

Lots of good stuff in the catalog! http://www.motoine-racing.com/exhaust.html

Last edited:
Johny, I will PAY you to let Mark (Twinturbo) borrow you chamber. Serious, He is the man when it comes to working the steel. Just let me know what it would take for you to send it to him. Regards Jeff. Mark, I want a couple copies of that chamber...

X2Pilot

X2 v2.0
Yes I believe it is making more power just by the feel of it, and I will have rpm proof soon. (also I believe it will be ALOT easier to duplicate this vs the FPP based on shape) However the power is all up top it doesnt have the brute low grunt of the FPP, tho its no slouch for some giddyup and go. I was side by side with a dry piped limited drag racing last week so it can generate some good rpms. I just got the new tach installed so will have some rpm numbers after this weekend. Also, after running it last weekend I pulled the plugs and they are black as sin and very wet so I am going to step down a jet size and run it again, I am sure with it that fat theres more we can get out of her!

I think I counted 8 pieces that make up the entire chamber, should be pretty easy to fabricate. We can do the copy at the end of the season when I tear the ski down

Last edited:
Top Bottom