mag pump on 701?

lakeboy183

get out and ride
im selling my quad and ill have about $2600 to spend, im thinking about doing my first step to a 1000, a new pump system, mag pump,prop and blowsion trim for the mag pump, only problem, i want a mag pump that will work with the 1000 and my 701, id like to know iff thats even possible?

thanks.Nolan

It sounds like your goal is to flat water flip... You could just save 1000 more dollars and get a BOB... your motor will flip a BOB... And this option would save yourself about 8k

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
Don't get a Blowsion trim. We HAD one in the Demo BOB... that's all I'll say. Get the X-Metal trim system! They are killer! Very affordable, too. I'd wait on a Magnum Pump until you get a larger motor. You could always use that $2,600 on gas money! That'll get you a lot of riding time, lol.

Ive always been wondering this myself. A mag pump is far cheaper than a big bore sure it can help out on a 701? Ive always seen it this way. A big bore without a mag pump is kind of like a race car with street tires.

here is my experience. i have a 144 mag pump (14-19) on a 771cc big bore. my ski hooks up and pulls just as hard as a few of the powervalve motors i have ridden. people on here will tell you a mag is not worth it till you hit 900 or 1000cc, well i say bull chit. i have riden quite a few skis and quite a few people have ridden mine and will tell you it hits very very hard on the bottom. even with a dry pipe it hit hard on the bottom. the mag pump makes a huge difference. i have also been on another ski almost identical to mine that had an oem pump and the same pitch impeller and there was no comparison. i cant say for sure how it would be on a 701 but if anyone wants to try my ski at any rides im at feel free to judge for yourself.

well then i say buy a mag and a tbm flywheel. and for the money you have you could probably get a set of 61x big bore ported cylinders. and have a ski that will hit very hard till you get the big bucks for a 1000cc

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
don't worry, with a 1000cc and a skat set back pump, you'll be flipping that ski and love your hull!1:Banane09:

Attachments

• ratti 2.jpg
    ratti 2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 38
  • ratti 1.jpg
    ratti 1.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 42
i would say get a 145mm setback mag, if you have never ridden a ski with a mag do yourself a favor and DONT otherwise you will have to have it.. just as important as the powerplant.. ncbrock i think you said it best race car street tires..

ive ridden small bore stock skis with mags and couldnt tell that big a diff to a stock WELL setup pump,I have strokers at less than 830cc with hooker props and the right size nozzle bore that explode off bottom no slip at all.ID spend the extra $ on better motor parts for power when I was at the level of 701 for sure.
givin the option to ride a 701 with a mag or a 771 with a stock pump set up well,youd find the second option way more fun

ive ridden small bore stock skis with mags and couldnt tell that big a diff to a stock WELL setup pump,I have strokers at less than 830cc with hooker props and the right size nozzle bore that explode off bottom no slip at all.ID spend the extra $ on better motor parts for power when I was at the level of 701 for sure.
givin the option to ride a 701 with a mag or a 771 with a stock pump set up well,youd find the second option way more fun

thats why i said for the money he wants to spend now bet a 144mm mag and a 771 top end. with all the new 865ss motors i bet you could find a 61x big bore cylinder for a good price.

i have a stock bore,stroke,carb 701 no porting or anything with a bpipe, ada head, msd with a 140 12 vein mag pump and it was like night and day compared to what it was before with the stock pump with a tbm pump cone setup. running a 13/18, the speed and acceleration is def worth the money. in the chop and surf i beat my buddies ski that is ported, light weight flywheel, dual carbs and all the other goodies just blow right past him. Id say if you can find a used mag for a good price jump on it now and when you get your big bore motor all you will have to do is prop it.

Top Bottom