Makai Discount:

Has anyone had any trouble getting a discount on the hotel rooms at the Makai? I just booked an Ocean Front Kitchenette and I told them that I was with the freeride. They said the rate was $99.99 but that is the published rate on the website. So where is the 20% at?

StandupWI

Sinking with the bilge on
I booked mine earlier this week. My rate was 69.99 for an inside room no kitchenette. They said ocean front no kitchenette was 89.99.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Any other suggestions for hotels nearby? I didn't feel I got my money's worth last time I stayed at the Makai. I was hoping maybe there was a nicer hotel for a fair price close to the event, or at least w/in the ride zone.

Any other suggestions for hotels nearby? I didn't feel I got my money's worth last time I stayed at the Makai. I was hoping maybe there was a nicer hotel for a fair price close to the event, or at least w/in the ride zone.
Yes it is gross but its right in the party. I think everyother hotel right or left is much nicer.

the Makai has new doors, beds, and has upgraded some stuff, so it should be nicer for everyone.
Its still the best place to stay for the freeride , ride for a while , throw my ski in the grass, walk 50 ft to my bed and a nice warm shower ..... so does the hot tub work yet ?????????, thats the one thing I have missed between rides for the last couple years .

OK Crew .... dont go all DAVE RAMSEY '' pinch pennies '' on the Makai . ... where else can you put a ski in the room and work on it , charge batteries on the dresser, build carbs in the sink,wash parts in the shower ,paint parts on the patio, put more people in the room than you register , leave trash a foot deep when you leave and get no complaints from the Mgmt .? this place is the ultimate '' mann cave'' ! just ponie up what they want $, dont bitch, and have fun ...They should add a surcharge to freeriders in all fairness ....LOL ! .

OK Crew .... dont go all DAVE RAMSEY '' pinch pennies '' on the Makai . ... where else can you put a ski in the room and work on it , charge batteries on the dresser, build carbs in the sink,wash parts in the shower ,paint parts on the patio, put more people in the room than you register , leave trash a foot deep when you leave and get no complaints from the Mgmt .? this place is the ultimate '' mann cave'' ! just ponie up what they want $, dont bitch, and have fun ...They should add a surcharge to freeriders in all fairness ....LOL ! .
firemedicmonkey likes this post!!!

all the same I was just wondering how some people got the room for $69.99 and they charged me $99.99 maybe they took your advice and knew the monkey would be wrenching and taxed me a surcharge...

Top Bottom