Man-made wave Perfect

Ghetto Jet

I'm on a boat
that wave was just the protype..it was obviously gutless and the reason they were going "left right left" was because the wave had zero power and thats how u create speed on a surfboard, its called pumping, unlike jetskis where u just pull a trigger to go fast u actually have to have skill to gain speed without a motor..in powerful waves u dont have to do that or just as many times as the wave dictates if there are sections that dont have power...if u judge a sport from a 50sec video of someone riding a knee high wave in a pond then i think u would also qualify as "special"..

Yeah we get it- You like surfing.

wydopen

onthepipe
I read a thread on it on a surfing forum which one of the designers was explaining it. They are going to Try to run it in a ring so the wave is continous so it eliminates the problem of waiting for the water to calm down before they can create another quality wave. If you are riding around while they are retracting the wedge your wake would mess up the wave. This one is in fact a wedge that gets pulled through the water no a paddle that creates a wave like a traditional wave pool. They said for it to be profitable they need to figure out the problem of waiting for the water to calm down so they can make enough waves to create a profit.

D-Roc

I forgot!
I am going to build one, well, I could dig the pond and line it. I have 12 acres of land and live on the chippawa creek. I already got out my surveys of my land and i can fit a 150' X 300' pond that can have the shallow end, at the edge of my campsite. I have friends with excavators and trucks and in my life time i could afford to dig and line the edges of this pond for erosion. I do not know if i can afford the wave device. I was thinking of keeping about 4' of damn in between the creek and my pond but have a 8'wide gate to enter and exit the pond into the creek. It needs to be pumped out in the fall and cleaned each year from what i read. the pond will flood naturally every spring. I would loose my dirtbike track but it would be worth it. I won't be doing this anytime soon of course, just wishful thinking. my buddies all say they wil pitch in for the wave machine it self. hhaa ha how cool would that be.

Top Bottom