Market correction on ski prices?

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
The only way they get to pre-covid pricing is if something really bad happens with the economy.
We are the slowest we've been in 5yrs at the car dealership I work at. Same with all my vendors [paint shops, rim repair, touch up peeps etc] Not a great sign.

holygoat

Site Supporter
The only way they get to pre-covid pricing is if something really bad happens with the economy.
We are the slowest we've been in 5yrs at the car dealership I work at. Same with all my vendors [paint shops, rim repair, touch up peeps etc] Not a great sign.
Cars are ridiculous rn, I don't know how anybody affords them without just pedaling the hamster wheel of debt.

E350

Site Supporter
Credit card defaults are up 22% this year.

Ever see those black tow trucks which don’t prominently display the company name and don’t have a AAA logo?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Have any used v6 Highlanders 2014-2018 range?

holygoat

Site Supporter
Used euro market? You mean poor rich people buying 4-12 year old Audi, BMW or Mercedes? Are you the used car guy on the corner block in the ghetto? I’m holding my balls

Used euro market is crazy
1721303531558.jpeg

I love my 20 year old Land Rover! They get a terrible rep for reliability but ask the actual owners and you'll get a totally different story.

Not to say I haven't had to work on it, but I wouldn't say the work I did is out of the ordinary for any 20 year old vehicle.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Just had this conversation with a friend who , like me, has been into this hobby/sport for 30 years. I dont see near the people involved in this as there used to be. Big names leaving the industry (Like Skat-Track), Inflation is real when it comes to materials (yes, due to devaluation of the dollar) and due to tariffs (up 26% on materials) which we as a consumer pay in the end.
Bottom line is the volume potential for parts in aftermarket is not what it was from mid 90's and up until the 2008 crash. So prices have to be high to make it worth making aftermarket products.

As for used skis, its simple supply and demand, there are less older skis so an available one will bring more money, but what i have seen is that 5-6K will get a decent ski when they become available.

I do hate that our sport/hobby has declined in interest over the last 10 years though. I havent been on the X in a long time and when i got back on I was amazed at the lack of activity as compared to 10 years ago.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
No sir, we cater to the used euro market with a major leaning to Porsche. Want a used cayenne or macan? :D
Well that explains why business is slower for ya'll then doesn't it.
View attachment 449325

I love my 20 year old Land Rover! They get a terrible rep for reliability but ask the actual owners and you'll get a totally different story.

Not to say I haven't had to work on it, but I wouldn't say the work I did is out of the ordinary for any 20 year old vehicle.

Is this the one that basically had the aluminum Oldsmobile V8 engine in it ?

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
The Rover V8 was basically just a Buick nailhead. This one has the "new" V8 jaguar engine. 300/300 NA V8.
Gotcha , I believe that is where they picked up the bad reliability rap from and yeah you are right Buick V8 , Oldsmobile and Pontiac also used the same engine with different heads and valve covers .

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
Used euro market? You mean poor rich people buying 4-12 year old Audi, BMW or Mercedes? Are you the used car guy on the corner block in the ghetto? I’m holding my balls

Used euro market is crazy
Basically, except we also have rich rich people.
I've driven every Ferrari since about 1995.
Every Lambo since about 01.
All the Rolls, most bentleys, all the Astons since the DB7.
It helps my job includes test driving every car we get lol.
No you won't lmao
They take absurd amounts of money. Window doesn't work? That's a $1200 module.
Cupholder broke? Probably a module.
Rear coolant crossover broke? Hope you notice since the temp gauge doesn't have anything to read now and it overheats and kills the engine.
Tell me how many LR3's or even 4's you see on the road still. Here in AZ, they are gone. God I hate LR [un]reliability. Part of the reason we don't have more then 1-2 at a time these days.

holygoat

Site Supporter
Basically, except we also have rich rich people.
I've driven every Ferrari since about 1995.
Every Lambo since about 01.
All the Rolls, most bentleys, all the Astons since the DB7.
It helps my job includes test driving every car we get lol.

No you won't lmao
They take absurd amounts of money. Window doesn't work? That's a $1200 module.
Cupholder broke? Probably a module.
Rear coolant crossover broke? Hope you notice since the temp gauge doesn't have anything to read now and it overheats and kills the engine.
Tell me how many LR3's or even 4's you see on the road still. Here in AZ, they are gone. God I hate LR [un]reliability. Part of the reason we don't have more then 1-2 at a time these days.
Not gonna argue but I think people just give up on them too easily. My LR3 was SCRAPPED because it needed... two front air shocks and a transmission solenoid. Since I fixed that I've put 10k on it over 8 months and had no more issues. That's an LR3 though, I unfortunately wouldn't touch anything newer.

E350

Site Supporter
Yes, of course racist Woodrow Wilson who was the advocate for the League of Nations (i.e., the United Nations) and the believer in government not by and fore the people but by a Bureaucracy of Elites, created the Federal Reserve, which has no authorization in the U.S. Constitution and thus must be abolished.

When you look at the U.S. Dollar, are there any words which would indicate that it is owned by and its value manipulated (i.e., printing more or less of it) by those in control of the FEDERAL government?

1721336028580.jpeg

You cannot talk about items priced in U.S. Dollars without talking about political decisions which control the value of the U.S. Dollar.

Period.

The U.S. Dollar is a political document.

That is why Bitcoin was created. As a currency over which the control of its value cannot be manipulated by politicians.

Wait for the coming Central Bank Digital Currency you sheep. The politicians will be able to manipulate its value and control how you spend it in real time.

Last edited:
The system in place works great as long inflation doesnt get too high. The rich are getting what they want AND the poor are relatively happy. It is looking like we may live long enough to see the outcome of a national debt that taxes can't service.

E350

Site Supporter
It only works great if the U.S. can run an annual deficit.
The U.S. can only run an annual deficit, if the U.S. Dollar is the world's reserve currency for, among other things, trading in oil.

Saudi just decided to abandon the U.S. Dollar for trading in oil.

The world governments see that the U.S. Dollar is being hyper inflated by the printing of dollars and are fleeing from it in droves and buying gold instead.

What kevbo said is true and the crash is coming.

Top Bottom