Super Jet Melted rear piston

I don't know why I keep melting my rear piston. It happened at the end of last season and I thought I had figured out why. Then it happened again last weekend. It's a 2014 superjet.

B pipe (with recomended carb settings)
Ada head
V force reeds

This exact setup with carbs were on a 2004 superjet 2 years ago and I didn't have any issues for several years. I then Switch everything to the new motor and i start having issues. The crank feels and looks really good. Is it time to rebuild my carbs?
31c626e52d10ac9f62f35370a7cbede5.jpg
70116ace211b277f0335035059403ff5.jpg
ebf9351839b439dc335c83ee82181c68.jpg
ef2ae2e453e7a10af7ae6051bef884eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kept seizing pistons till I lowered my compression. I was running 35cc domes and was blowing around 195 at sea level no signs of detonation. Check your carbs but if it was running fine before it went then you could look into this. Make sure you have the correct jetting 135 mains.

That looks bad. Noticed your avitar says Anchorage Alaska. Just curious whats the water temp the ski is running in and what is the engine temp. In NorCal dual cooling and no reticfters is too
Much cooling. Good luck

I kept seizing pistons till I lowered my compression. I was running 35cc domes and was blowing around 195 at sea level no signs of detonation. Check your carbs but if it was running fine before it went then you could look into this. Make sure you have the correct jetting 135 mains.

Yep. 135 main jets. 35 cc domes. I am not that far above sea level and I was up around 180 compression. But I had been running this set up for several years without issue.

That looks bad. Noticed your avitar says Anchorage Alaska. Just curious whats the water temp the ski is running in and what is the engine temp. In NorCal dual cooling and no reticfters is too
Much cooling. Good luck

Water temp is around 65 right now. I only have single cooling on this ski. I have been in anywhere from 40 to 75.

Top Bottom