Methanol carbs???

Wondering if anyone has tried to run on methanol or even e100 or e85 I'm really interested in running it because of the price of 116
And even pump gas
Let me know your thoughts on this and if you have any experience trying it.

n0limits

makin' power
Done a lot of thinking on this for a lot of the same reasons you have. There are several problems. One is you run twice the size of jets so your fuel consumption almost doubles taking away the advantage of the cheap prices. Another issue is methanol is very corrosive and after each run you have to purge the engine, running it on gasoline to flush the methanol from the engine so it doesn't corrode. The last issue is methanol likes to soak moisture out of the air like a sponge and our sport involves water, but I don't feel like this is a big issue your running a small tank that doesn't have a lot of time to collect moisture, a tight fuel system, and draining the tank after each run. That said I still haven't ruled it out but the pro con list isn't how I first thought it would be.

The purging is not a prob for me but what I'm really looking for is if the passages in our carbs are big enough
You can put however big jets you can drill them to but if the carb itself can't supply the fuel to the motor than it will now work you will just keep burning holes in your pistons

n0limits

makin' power
I run B.J. 48's so I'm fairly confident in being able to flow the fuel. I am also running MS109 and CHP which are heavily oxygenated fuels that require larger jets and more fuel than regular race gas.

n0limits

makin' power
B

but how much bigger jets and can the jets go any bigger than they are?

It's been along time since I've looked but I believe the jets are 140 and 140. The jets can go larger maybe 200 and if larger were required for methanol you may have to drill them out as you said. But from talking around the body of the carb has the capacity to flow more fuel than you will need for ethanol.

It's been along time since I've looked but I believe the jets are 140 and 140. The jets can go larger maybe 200 and if larger were required for methanol you may have to drill them out as you said. But from talking around the body of the carb has the capacity to flow more fuel than you will need for ethanol.
Right because ethanol only requires 30% more fuel than gasoline while methanol is somewhere close to double to run on it

I think I'm just going to put a 10 shot with as WOT switch For braping boat wakes

Top Bottom