Super Jet mid shaft help!!

ok so i am installing a new pump and mid shaft.
i installed the new midshaft to the hull connected it to the engine one and bolted it down. just to make sure everything was good i turned on the engine to make sure everything was right. after about 10 seconds the shaft part connected to the engine one snapped.(sorry for my lack of words) what is this part called? the part off the engine where the midshaft mates to it? i need help pulling the engine one off. how do you do that?
download (4).jpgdownload (3).jpgdownload.jpgdownload (2).jpgdownload (1).jpg

please help asap!
kcckkckevin@gmail.com

Last edited:
It is called driveline coupler. You probably didn't align your pump and it broke the coupler. The other broken part is intermediate shaft housing, you need to press the bearing to the intermediate shaft (requires special press tool). Disconect the motor from the pair bolts that hold the mounts so you dont have to align you motor afterwards, pull it forward or even take it out of the bay so you have a good view of the pump shaft. Then install the pump look through and make sure the pump shaft is centered (up/down, left/right), if necessary chim the pump for proper alignment. Once you done with the pump, put back the intermediate shaft, put silicone around the lip of the rubber so it does not air leak causing cavitation. Put back the motor, make sure there is a little gap between two aluminum couplers and they are aligned.
All parts are available from Jetmaniac

D.

Last edited:
Did you make sure everything spun before bumping the starter? That's a lot of damage for just a possible mis alignment. If the impeller wasn't turning at all I could see this happening.

Did you make sure everything spun before bumping the starter? That's a lot of damage for just a possible mis alignment. If the impeller wasn't turning at all I could see this happening.

I agree, you might have bent pump shaft which could cause all that trouble.. If impeller got stuck you probably need new pump wear ring as well.. all this needs to be inspected before putting new parts on

no heres the thing guys. i didnt have my pump in yet. just the mid spinning freely. how do you install a new coupler??
I agree, you might have bent pump shaft which could cause all that trouble.. If impeller got stuck you probably need new pump wear ring as well.. all this needs to be inspected before putting new parts on

how do i reinstall a new coupler from the engine?

You screw it in. I think its oposite thread. Put greas on the shaft thread. Dont use any sort of locktide, it tightens up itself. To remove the old one you need to use a pipe wrench and prybar or stress hit the coupler to loosen it up.

You screw it in. I think its oposite thread. Put greas on the shaft thread. Dont use any sort of locktide, it tightens up itself. To remove the old one you need to use a pipe wrench and prybar or stress hit the coupler to loosen it up.

No, normal thread. The only reverse thread is the impeller

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
On the engine side, take a piece of nylon rope and drop it down the spark plug hole closest to the coupler. Make sure the piston is above the exhaust port or else the rope will get caught on the piston. Slide as much rope as will fit into the hole until the engine tightens up on the rope. Put coupler on and tighten with pipe wrench or something you can grab the outside of the coupler with. After coupler is on, rotate crankshaft in opposite direction to free rope.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
on the engine side, take a piece of nylon rope and drop it down the spark plug hole closest to the coupler. Make sure the piston is above the exhaust port or else the rope will get caught on the piston. Slide as much rope as will fit into the hole until the engine tightens up on the rope. Put coupler on and tighten with pipe wrench or something you can grab the outside of the coupler with. After coupler is on, rotate crankshaft in opposite direction to free rope.

do not do that.

Top Bottom