Might go single

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I used it for maybe six or seven rides and then Scott bought the red boat from me---I thought he was still running it.:shrug:
I know its not on the ski. I've held it in my hand unless I'm thuroughly confused. the one I saw definatly had the bottom half of the throat bored.

to be dual or not be dual........

hmmmmm......now ya'll got me thinkin.......should I use my dual 44's or my single conversion setup on my t cases....... dually or single......single or dually......s or d d or s...........??????:banghead: :Thinkingof_:

I feel your pain.....

Makes it hard for me to lower the price and sell the single conversion kit I have.......like I really need anymore stuff......:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

T-bone

brraap....thats so 2002
Is this a problem common to all singles on T cases, or just some?
What if you threw a 49FS on there?

then you would allow even more air though and no more fuel it would be worse. on the boat i run a single on im going back to a 44. all this only matters on wideopen runs and anyone who has been to lanier know we run wide open chasing the crusiers down.

T-bone

brraap....thats so 2002
That's not how a carb works. The throat on a stock carb will only allow in so much air. the fuel circuits on a stock carb can out flow the throat.

a great engine builder basicly confermed what i said today......single+wot=short life span of a motor

Rockstar

Dicksmacker
Well, a great engine builder basicly confirmed with ME today that single carbs are better for maximum HP, longer engine life at WOT, quicker response, and does my grocery shopping.

Last edited:

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I really hate to stir this single VS dual debate thing here...

but...
what you said below would only be true if the carb could not properly meter the air to fuel ratio.

this really to me seems like a silly, goofy, wives'tale type of thing........
the whole single carb leans out story...

:bs2:

then you would allow even more air though and no more fuel it would be worse. on the boat i run a single on im going back to a 44. all this only matters on wideopen runs and anyone who has been to lanier know we run wide open chasing the crusiers down.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I really hate to stir this single VS dual debate thing here...

but...
what you said below would only be true if the carb could not properly meter the air to fuel ratio.

this really to me seems like a silly, goofy, wives'tale type of thing........
the whole single carb leans out story...

:bs2:
werd. changing the case doesn't blow up a motor at WOT

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
The velocity going through a single at higher rpm is pretty extreme. I doubt the SBN meters fuel like it was designed at almost twice the velocity it was ever designed to see.

Top Bottom