SX/SXi/SXi Pro mix on a stock 750

hey my friend has a 92 single carb bone stock 750sx. he mixes at 32:1 is that normal i keep telling him to do atleast 40;1 so i guess my ? is what kinda damage can mixing the gas with too much oil cause??

I read somewhere that too much oil makes your fuel too thick and it leans out your mixture a little. But I doubt it would make a difference unless you're within a gnat's ass of being too lean already. On a stock ski I would say you are fine. Right now I am breaking in my new motor on SBT Break-in oil, and their recommended mixture is 30:1 (but that is for the first tank only!).

I used to run my motocross bikes at 100:1 with synthetic premix. I would recommend your friend run 40 or 50 to one but I don't think he is hurting anything by running 32:1.

He is dumping 25% more premix into the environment. Maybe try that angle to convince him. : -)

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
Kawi = 50:1
richer than that makes motor lean, wates oil, increases pollution and has no benefit

40:1

it doesnt lean out the mixture as much as you think. even if it does, its just an 1/16 turn of the adjustors to compensate.

if youre running the snot out of your engine, better more lube than less (to a point.... that point, for me, is 40:1).

Top Bottom