Surfriding Mod 08' pole for SN cable.

Ok so I've searched my arse off trying to find a way to make a SN cable fit an 08 pole. Dead links and expensive kits. Anyone have a DIY solution to this or is it easier to just buy a new (older rn) pole?

swapmeet

Brotastic
I have the cold fusion plate, made this.

8158d866.jpg

939bca27.jpg

That help?

Just a little bracket to set back the connection point, why didn't I think of that lol! Does that change the left/right amount of the nozzle?

swapmeet

Brotastic
Nope, just make sure you have all the barrel nuts centered and the nozzle centered when you measure out the distance. That way you can adjust.

We'll swapmeet, your bracket would of probably worked if WSM sent me the correct cable... This cable was more than two inches longer than it should of been. I had to make a recessed "L" bracket, lock tab etc...
va3utaqu.jpg
8azuju2e.jpg

Had to bomb out the oem cable holder, shorten the pole top an inch, and cut out gobs of foam... But I got it in and all lined up!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
We'll swapmeet, your bracket would of probably worked if WSM sent me the correct cable... This cable was more than two inches longer than it should of been. I had to make a recessed "L" bracket, lock tab etc...
va3utaqu.jpg
8azuju2e.jpg

Had to bomb out the oem cable holder, shorten the pole top an inch, and cut out gobs of foam... But I got it in and all lined up!

Had the same thing happen to me 10 years ago....

Mike W

Infidel
Those cables have much less steering throw, you probably won't like it.

I found that out after I got everything installed and had a heck of a time getting the steering adjusted. I rode it a week or so ago and it definitely needs more throw. I'm stuck with what I have for now.

Top Bottom