FX-1 Mod pipe fitting

I got a factory mod pipe I'm putting in my fx1. The ski is reinforced and it's hitting along the bond area where it's been filled in. What should I do? Grind the weld down on the pipe a little, or try to dent pipe up? Or grind out the glass work? It's hitting where green markings are on the pipe. image.jpg

Rubber mallet/ dead blow, I'd still put a towel or something over the chamber or use a price of wood. Just take your time.

Mine was tight without any reinforcement, but I had enough room to stick a price of turf folded over in there.

While you have the pipe off you should put a nice chamfer on the corner of the bed plate so it doesn't rub on the chamber.

kcmasterpiece

Sweet Baby Ray's Sucks
Dont dent the pipe... Mine rubs too, it just grinds out the glass on it's own haha. or you can sand down the glass a bit where is hits to keep the scratches down a bit. It won't weaken the reinforcement that much. If it doesn't fit at all though, that's a different story.

This brings me to the thing that boggles me the most though. The pipe rubs through the fiberglass on the side, but the gas tank rubs through the pipe. I dunno. Just run it.

Top Bottom