Other Modifications you regret.

Fro Diesel

creative control
iv always thought that not shimming your engine does that.. bad allignment that eats bearings and cause vibration..
Yes this!! I insist that if you try to be penny wise and pound poor when it comes to skis you will end up wasting more money and time.

Get the right tools first: cf midshaft align tool, cf flywheel lock, pop off test, driveshaft spline holder, 20t HF press, tiny tach, fillister screwdriver with a notch for gas tank straps, flywheel puller, fast elements hardened prop key.

I love how people think they can tune without a tach just by looking at plug color.

But some of those first Solas mags were pretty bad. Can't go wrong with the Solas mag if you buy from watcon now.

Last edited:

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
EPIC, best performance mod ever for 400 bucks! Literally added 20% over enhancer. Worst investment ever and lost an entire riding season chasing gremlins. Ultimately changed motor, blew aftermarket flywheel, Bendix, Stator, changed to new OEM stator, New OEMcoil, new OEM rectifier, new OEM wiring, New S/S switch, Epics twice. Backfires galore. Changed back to MSD, still miss that piece of crap though.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Sorry just thinking out loud. Never knew that older solas mag pumps destroy bearings. Always thought that pump and engine alignment are the reason..

Older solas mags destroy PUMP bearings. Midshaft bearings is another story. Haven't heard of that happening til this thread.

EPIC, best performance mod ever for 400 bucks! Literally added 20% over enhancer. Worst investment ever and lost an entire riding season chasing gremlins. Ultimately changed motor, blew aftermarket flywheel, Bendix, Stator, changed to new OEM stator, New OEMcoil, new OEM rectifier, new OEM wiring, New S/S switch, Epics twice. Backfires galore. Changed back to MSD, still miss that piece of crap though.

Im still loving my epic, but its the new hx3. Working on 2 seasons without an issue.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet

Have me worried about mine now. Seems that once the engine warms up it acts like it is overly rich.. What issues where you having?

swapmeet

Brotastic
Buying a hurricane...

d470f5810de940948e768218b684f746.jpg

Top Bottom