modified cofman head pipe

chrisdoc0608

insulting
I saw a coffman pipe on pwctoday that had a water adjuster in the head pipe like a b-pipe, the seller claimed it hit just as hard as an alike sj with a b-pipe. I asked the guy how he did it and how it works, but got no response. anyone else done this and care to share how to do this mod?

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
in my experience the coffman sizzler hits as hard as a B pipe, even when the sizzler is NOT modified in anyway.

They are seriously under-rated old pipes, conversely the B pipe is a seriously OVER-hyped and over priced pipe.

My opinion only of course, but based on personal experience with both pipes.

I agree, just picked up another one, with the right restriction in waterflow and propper tuning ,although I must admit the sound of the b-pipe brings comfort.......aeh I sometimes catch myself just crusing arround listening to the wonderfull brappppppppp

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
I agree, just picked up another one, with the right restriction in waterflow and propper tuning

I would agree with that after riding that ski a few weeks ago. It's Butch and it hits hard for OEM ignition. Of course the 85mm Jet Works cylinder and Black jack carbs help, but yes for the $$ that is a great pipe. You cannot go wrong.. There you go folks, yes, the word is out! lol

After he did that mod someone asked him about the screw adjuster that he put in and he said he really couldn't tell a difference after messing with it for awhile.

What kind of water restriction do you guys like to run with the coffman pipe. I have the headpipe with just two nipples, one to the head, one to the stinger. I have a T to a pisser on the line to the stinger and recently put a 3/8" nylon bolt spacer in the line just before it hits the stinger but didn't notice much difference. I think the inside diameter of that bolt spacer is 1/4". Do you think I should try restricting it a little bit more maybe?

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I took the top electrode that screws off of the top of a spark plug, and used vice grips to crimp it until it would fit snugly in the stinger, and that was my stinger restriction.

What kind of water restriction do you guys like to run with the coffman pipe. I have the headpipe with just two nipples, one to the head, one to the stinger. I have a T to a pisser on the line to the stinger and recently put a 3/8" nylon bolt spacer in the line just before it hits the stinger but didn't notice much difference. I think the inside diameter of that bolt spacer is 1/4". Do you think I should try restricting it a little bit more maybe?

Would like to get a jetworks valve one of these days, but for now I am trying to stick with the next zero cost options...

I was thinking about going to a 3/16". I will try that or if I can find an old plug I might give that a try. Mouth, you've always got the 'cheapest' ideas around! :)

Top Bottom