Modifying a pump for dual cooling?

wildman326

Who else?
The last time I added another nipple :)bigeyes:) I turned my pump over so the cooling boss wouldn't interfere with my quick turn. Yep, just flipped the middle section 180 degrees - it's no longer in the way. I posted this before and someone was afraid that torque would cause some issue - to date (10 months) no issues.

keefer

T1
TXJFrosty said:
No No No, it helps keep the muffler bearings from seizing.

Yeah, that heavy corrosion locked up one of my power bands and I had to replace it with an aftermarket. I used the red powerband this time, it seems to help with bottom end. I am also thinking of adding a green freestyle sponge, I heard this helps on bottom end by slowing down the hydrodynamic force of the free water in the engine compartment..

Frosty

New York Crew
keefer said:
Yeah, that heavy corrosion locked up one of my power bands and I had to replace it with an aftermarket. I used the red powerband this time, it seems to help with bottom end. I am also thinking of adding a green freestyle sponge, I heard this helps on bottom end by slowing down the hydrodynamic force of the free water in the engine compartment..

nice... LMFAO

romack991

homebrewed
ok, one last time, so i can drill and tap my water line and clean up the casting marks without removing the prop and driveshaft? im just worried about shavings getting into the bearings or seals.

Attachments

• DSC00327.JPG
    DSC00327.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 362

romack991

homebrewed
madoyster said:
Use the existing bilge line. It will mean you don't have the oem bilge any longer, but most peeps switch to after market.

unless you have your trim cable running through that bilge line. then you gotta make an extended drill bit.

freestylegeek

waiting...
wildman326 said:
...I posted this before and someone was afraid that torque would cause some issue - to date (10 months) no issues.

That was me.
Glad to hear it's working!
Maybe I'll spin mine this year - it sure would help that poor steering cable.

What size 'Tap' do you need to thread the hole in the pump once you've drilled the hole out? - I'm using a 90' brass fitting of an ADA head.

Cheers

Jim

Can anyone tell me a good place to buy the brass 90? Went to a couple hardware stores and didn't find much. Thanks!

Top Bottom