More Nose Stab help please. (pics)

I still can't seem to land totally inverted or vertical. I've seen guys do perfect ones with no set up wake and I can't manage one even with a wake. The only reason I can come up with is that it looks like I'm still leaning to the outside rather than into the direction of rotation. Does that look like the problem? SJBrit and others had awesome tips before that helped and I've practiced a lot to help with the timing but I'm still not totally getting it. Do these pics show any other screw-up in my technique to anyone?

DSCF9653a.jpg

From the other side:
DSCF9686a.jpg

DSCF9698a.jpg

Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
First one looks perfect to me. The other two look like you are trying to turn flat instead of committing and leaning into the turn while going up the wake.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
X2. That first one is pretty much vertical....and then some.

Each one does not need to be epic, or even total vert. Making the full 180 should, in my mind, be first and foremost.
Nothing worse than a 90 nose-stab, with a flat landing.

Work the wakes/waves you're given. Personally, I need a pretty darn nice wave to get fully vertical.

JamesG

Site Supporter
Throw your weight more forward, almost throwing your head at the nose and keeping the bars low. If you wanna get inverted do the same but throw your head to one side similar to a roll.

Thanks guys. When I throw my weight really far forward, I end up with a lot of strain on my wrists when I land and occasionally my feet don't stay in the holds so the back end zings around nicely but without me! I better watch that Stoyer vid again... Hey, when he says 'leverage' is he talking about a twist on the bars (like right side UP and left side DOWN) to get the ski upside down?

One more thing. When Stoyer lands he has a nice spray out the pump. When I hit the gas before landing it revs up because there's no load on it but I don't get much spray when I hit the water??

Last edited:
pole on the hood. go straight hop and turn one way then hop and turn the bars to full lock the other way. its crazy how much the ski will turn spin when the pole is on the hood or really low. You can kinda practice on your knees too. that will take the stress off your pole. I broke my pole a couple times using bad technique.

Just gas it and crank the bars. After about 6-7 hundred tries it will be a breeze. Gas it and crank the bars.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
MAy have been mentioned but here are a few simple tips that WILL help.
Time your set up, Slower speed and drop into the wake letting the boat sink in a little (gives you more loaded time on the pump up the face of the wake)
While dropping in turn the bars a hair to the right.
look at the front left corner of the hull (bondline under gas cap area) all the way throught the trick
as your going back up the face hammer the gas and turn the bars left and snap them a little as you go off the tip of the wake.

You will be COMPLETELY inverted and get more hight as well.

Top Bottom