More winter freestyle fail

SoCal_WaveBlaster

back from the dead
I need surf. :biggrin:

theres a slight chance im gonna be buying a house in Long Beach about 2 blocks from the ocean...all depends on if i get this job....if i dont im selling my house and moving back to washington with the profit from my house and buying a house outright in long beach

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
theres a slight chance im gonna be buying a house in Long Beach about 2 blocks from the ocean...all depends on if i get this job....if i dont im selling my house and moving back to washington with the profit from my house and buying a house outright in long beach
Good, we will be camping in your backyard.

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
Bailing

You are better than me. I can seem to rotate more than 90 degrees on a barrel roll attempt without bailing. It's weird because I can nosestab. But it's a mental block for barrel roll attempts. My wife says it's not BRAP I need, it's BALLS.
I have a similar problem with bailing and have been thinking about it a lot getting ready for the 2010 season.
I can get upside down OK without bailing but if anything feels like it isn't going right I tend to bail and frequently end up slamming some part of my body in to the ski.
This year my plan is to practice "hanging on no matter what". I'm definitely still wearing my helmet for BR attempts. . . . also have some moderate brappage in the works. We'll see what happens. . .

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Hey matt. Drop your left shoulder. Imagine your trying to look under your ski. Or "lead with your head". The ski will follow. Once you do that then the rolls will come.

Oh, your crazy. 43 degree water.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
It's getting a lot nicer now. I rode Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 62 and sun every day.
43 might sound cold, but it's a lot better than 33!

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a try.
Thing is, I have nailed them before. It seems I've taken a step back since last year.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Thing is, I have nailed them before. It seems I've taken a step back since last year.

It's because your brain is frozen!!!

I'm the same - after a full year off because of injuries, I fully expect to suck when I get back on my ski. At least my expectations are low so I wont be disappointed!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Even riding without a tour coat now. I can't leave my trailer & truck on the ramp anymore, too many people out!
I even saw the first two couches on the water, plus coppers.

Top Bottom