Blaster Motor mount and alignment question

I just finished up rebuilding my pump with a new Solas mag. I put the pump in, and with a little manipulation, got it aligned. Then the midshaft slid right in and both pins were perfectly aligned. Now I am dropping the motor in and notice the 4 mounting bolts have a much smaller diameter than the holes in the motor bed plates. Should there be some sort of bushings in here to remove any play between the bolts and motor bed plates? There werent any bushings or shims when I took the motor out. Also, when I drop the motor in and center the mounting holes to the motor mounts, the midshaft coupler seems to be pretty well aligned, but it is hard to tell if it is dead on. How do you typically measure the the alignment between the motor and midshaft? and how much room for error is there since there is that rubber puck bushing between the two?

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
the holes are larger in the bedplates to allow you to move the motor around for proper alignment.

Use a straight edge on the couplers to determine if you need to shim any motor mounts up at all.

also, alignment must be done with the rubber dampener out of the couplers. Find out what shims are required and then re install the dampener with the proper shims.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
its a pain, but the motor has to be dropped in, loosely bolted, aligned/shimmed

Then remove all that, re-install dampener and do it for real.

OK, i didnt think so. Think I used locktite on a couple other things on the motor but, have been using anti-seize on just about everything. Thanks again, now I should be able to get the motor in and aligned tonight, then put in the limited b-pipe and route the cooling lines.

Top Bottom