motor ran away

brentR

way fast whitey
started it up and it ran away like a mad man, hit the stop didnt do anything, had to pull plug wires to kill it...

i think its a fuel delivery prob. cant get fuel in from the main line.. main filter isnt full.. how do i prime the lines so no air is in there?

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
I had the same prob once when i was re jetting, i left the pulse lines off by accident. when i put them back on it was fine.

as for priming the lines i just put a bit of gas down one carb and fired it up and it primed it's self.

the pulse lines should go from the fuel pump side of the carb to the intake

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Whenever a ski runs away, hit stop and pull the throttle wide open, it will die.

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
this has happened to me on many skis after i clean out the fuel system. I think its just from having air in the lines. I usually just fire it up again and its ok. Just make sure your flame arrestor is off so you can put your hand over the hole if it tries to run on ya. It could also be an air leak somewhere

D-Roc

I forgot!
It could be any of these things, just go through all of them. After my rebuild this winter and the new carbs i had a bunch of buddies over and i started the ski up for the first time. It idled perfect but when i slightly cracked the throttle.......whoa, not the way to break in a rebuild. lol. i lowered my pop-off and its fine now. i always pull the flame arrestors off my ski when starting out of the water now. I stick my hand over the carb to choke it for the first start of the day, it quickly primes the fuel system so there are no air bubbles left in the line.

brentR

way fast whitey
turns out my stop button wiring , black\white wires, were toast and it wouldnt kill it... first time that happend to me, i had no idea what to do LOL i just ripped off the plug wires.. but damn she was HOT .. i thought i pooched her.. took her to the water last nite and ran her, was all good

jetskier79

I'm goin' for two
turns out my stop button wiring , black\white wires, were toast and it wouldnt kill it... first time that happend to me, i had no idea what to do LOL i just ripped off the plug wires.. but damn she was HOT .. i thought i pooched her.. took her to the water last nite and ran her, was all good

The stop button rarely works on a run away motor anyway.

brentR

way fast whitey
it ran good, gotta tune the carb a bit. damn tho so different from the B1.. a rocket too..

gotta get used to riding in that position tho, the whole pole up down and side to side is weird at first.. and turning LOL ok

aranka

usually drunk
I ran into that problem end of last year. Turns out my fuel level was just below where the pickup could make good suction - air got into the line and it took off. Scared the poop out of me!!!!

brentR

way fast whitey
yah my back is sore as ********!
somethings not right tho it hesitates down low off idle but like 1\2 throttle and up its balls to the wall.. i had a buddy clock me at 47mph lol

D-Roc

I forgot!
you could try to lower the pop off a bit to get the fuel happening sooner. That is if it is a lean hesitation and not a rich bog. Can i get a: Know what i'm sayin.

Top Bottom