MSD brain dead - Ingintion Control Module 42351 3 Channel

Polish jet pilot

4aces4aces4aces4aces4aces
Spark started acting funny and finally dying altogether. Checked flywheel area, cleaned it a bit. No difference.

Switched with another similar module - spark is strong.

Are these modules repairable in any way? The epoxy used in sealing it is extremely hard to tamper with... any advice on these??

Many thanks!

Andrew

Contact MSD about pricing, pretty sure they are the only ones who repair / replace the units.. If it's less than a year old they will replace the unit free of charge . If it older you'll have to dig deep in your pockets.

eBay 519 shipped. Can't help ya out getting inside. I do find it odd that MSD charges us these redicilious amounts for a watercraft ignition box and a automotive digital box goes for about $300 or less.

They have a bad rep for dying after moisture penetrates the alum housing somehow. Like said above, it's a potted box made for a jetski n it can't take the moisture? Sucks as they are simple dip switch design that works well controlling the curve but don't last. I run these boxes in my race sleds that don't see water and have one that is 12 years old working fine.
I just replaced mine brain in my WDK Rok. I painted ultra gray permatex around all the wire exit points and the led with two coats of sealant in hopes of plugging the spot water sneaks in. We see how long this one lasts....

etavutem.jpg

Whoops! Has to be more painfull some how.....
When you get your new one finally this is how I painted mine up with ultra gray....,gota try something

Top Bottom