Msd Coil

My sparkplug boot came off on my stock coil, so would it be a better option to buy the whole msd coil and all, or just the new boots? Ive read that the msd coils are garbage so thats why im wondering.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Just the spark plug boot came off the wire? Sounds like crappy wires unless I'm missing what you're trying to say. Yeah the MSD coils aren't that great but if it still works, keep using it and put your boot back on the wire or get better wires and boots.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
My sparkplug boot came off on my stock coil, so would it be a better option to buy the whole msd coil and all, or just the new boots? Ive read that the msd coils are garbage so thats why im wondering.

Bryan,
Strip the wire end and use an OHM meter and check for continuity should be around 5k (5000 ohms) with the leads connected to the meter, wiggle the wires and make sure you don't lose continuity from a broken wires inside about 2-3 inches from where they come out the elec. box.
Make sure you use a pair of needle nose pliers and pull on the strands and they don't pull out an inch or so as this is where they mostly break from engine vibration. If thats all good check the length to make sure wires will reach the sparkplugs, if so use some MSD boots and terminals (they are non-resister) to replace with.
This way you can run your 'R' plugs.

The only reason that the boot cam off was because I was trying to pull the boot off the wire, but it ended up taking the terminal off with it. The coil is still fine and everything.

Top Bottom