My B1 1200 build

I have been building this for the past couple of months when I had time, but it's coming together now so I thought I'd start a build thread. It's not very complicated or unusual, just trying to do a clean build and have it ready for Daytona.

Specs are as follows...
Gp1200, complete rebuild with new crank, Pro K pistons, Yamaha factory gaskets
ADA 1200 adapter plates
Pro Taper bars
ODI Lock on grips
Xmetal finger throttle
Dual bilge pumps
155mm pump and shoe
701 Industries Hood Strut Kit
Awl Grip paint under hood
Rear exhaust
ect.

2013-06-24_18.48.15.jpg

The green B1 is getting the makeover.

I will upload more pictures soon.

Here is what it looked like under the hood when I got it.

Stock 701
TDR waterbox
Vortex flame arrestor
stock exhaust
stock pump
Riva finger throttle

The fuel, water lines, and electrical left a lot to be desired. Just kind of thrown together, you get the idea. Oh yeah, it had a couple of splices in the exhaust hose from the waterbox to the rear. Someone used raw steel pipe for the splices, nasty.

20130905_195116.jpeg 20130905_200634.jpeg IMG_7258.jpg

And here it is with the engine and old parts removed and cleaned up some...

20131120_114423.jpeg 20131120_114429(1).jpeg 20131120_114442.jpeg 20131120_114435.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm powder coating the motor with the help of a friend. Went with a green that compliments the exterior of the hull, but is not the same. Here it is with the dormant green base coat....

20131208_192219.jpeg 20131208_192234.jpeg

Pictures of it with the clear coat and assembly to follow.

Thanks guys. It's almost finished, doing the water and fuel lines now but started it up today for the first time. I'll put up more pictures soon of the build.

Now on to the motor assembly.

Nice clean cases...

index.php

New crank in place...

index.php

Case halves together...

index.php
index.php
index.php

The ski is complete and I took it to the Daytona Freeride last week. The ski runs amazing, pulls so hard with just a blip of the throttle. No more charging up waves from a ways off, just hit the gas at the bottom and you're airborne. The only thing I had to change was where I stand on it, a little further back now. Now I just need to learn to ride better! lol

Here are the rest of the build pictures.

index.php
index.php
index.php

Here are a couple of pictures of the Hood Strut Kit from 701 after powder coating...

index.php

They look like different colors, but it's just the way the light hits it.

Ride plate (crappy picture)...

Top loader...

index.php

Here are some pictures of the pump set up. I used a 155mm pump from a B2 and a new Yamaha 155mm pump shoe, lots of sanding and some grinding to make it fit but it's worth it.

index.php
index.php
index.php

At this point I was not finished with the pump install but close. I opened up the intake tunnel to meet the new bigger shoe and smoothed all the edges for clean flow.

I had the inside of the engine bay painted gloss black with Awl Grip Paint by my buddy Ray. Also installed motor mounts from Rhaas.

index.php
index.php
index.php

I used the stock waterbox from a GP1200. Time for surgery...

Sorry, I don't think I took a picture of the finished box. Lets just say it was significantly shorter.

Top Bottom