My badass build

Wasn't going to do a build thread because how many times do you need to see a Superfreak build. I'm sitting in the hospital right now waiting to have our first baby, so I'll at least start one. Picked up the hull parts (unassembled) from Tem last year at Daytona so yes it's been over a year but with a expanding marina and family I have not had much time to build.

-5 Superfreak Carbon badass w/ circus hood
image.jpeg

Built a jig to get the bulkhead in perfect alignment
image.jpeg

All bronze inserts were used no aluminum
image.jpeg

Used 1/2" titanium cooling lines
image.jpeg

Solid carbon bulkheads with large bonding surface
image.jpeg

Since I repair boats for a living I know the effects of aluminum in salt water so I even had the company that casts our running gear parts cast me a set of bronze motor mount plates from a pattern I made.
image.jpeg

The pattern
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Skipping ahead past the countless hours fairing and blocking the engine compartment I have primed (awl grip 545) and sanded everything except for where the halves will be bonded.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Motor is a little 4 mil I had a local racer build for me. I blasted the cylinder and cases, sprayed with awl grip max corr cf aluminum primer, awl grip 545 primer then awl grip super jet black. Then added all the usual goodies, MSD lotal loss, Ada head, Dasa intake, nice brand new set of magical full specs etc. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
Amazeballs! Love the brass stuff. Is it all lathe made?

Thanks!

The motor mount plates were designed by me and cast for me by the company that casts all of our underwater hardware. The pump inserts are oem Yamaha and the rest of the inserts are from yardley products in PA. They are the only place I found that sells the inserts I wanted without a min quantity. All inserts are metric and oem size and pitch. I wanted to keep everything metric so when turning wrenches I wouldn't have to constantly switching socket sets. Also figured it would be easier at freerides if I need a bolt to just ask for mid shaft bolt for example.

All inserts except pump inserts have a closed end so no need to seal fasteners that are in water tight compartments.
image.png

New oem inserts and bolts.
image.jpeg

Thanks!

The motor mount plates were designed by me and cast for me by the company that casts all of our underwater hardware. The pump inserts are oem Yamaha and the rest of the inserts are from yardley products in PA. They are the only place I found that sells the inserts I wanted without a min quantity. All inserts are metric and oem size and pitch. I wanted to keep everything metric so when turning wrenches I wouldn't have to constantly switching socket sets. Also figured it would be easier at freerides if I need a bolt to just ask for mid shaft bolt for example.

All inserts except pump inserts have a closed end so no need to seal fasteners that are in water tight compartments.
View attachment 303138

New oem inserts and bolts.
View attachment 303139
That's awesome man! Crazy clean build! Also is the Carbon fiber exhaust bought or made?

engine compartment is ready for Snow White awlcraft 2000
image.jpeg

Rear bond line reinforced and after many days of debating the location, the footholds are glued in.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Picked up a few more goodies from @JetManiac at wavedaze
148 setback
image.jpeg

Cold fusion flywheel cover
image.jpeg

Top Bottom