Super Jet my dream coming true

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
well im getting settled down now and Christmas is over so i have gotten a chance to get the cases back together. everything else is ready to bolt on. soon as i find my camera ill take come pics of her coming together.

SuziQ

Banned
Very happy you were able to spend time with family during Christmas! Your ski thread is exciting to read due to all of the anticipation you have had with it all, like watching a young one open the best Christmas present! Looking forward to the pics very much, and I especially hope one of your friends has a video camera for your first ride on it! I know you must be beyond excited!

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
got a water test in today and ran a couple gallons threw it. everything went great but it was so cold. over all it was a lot of fun building it but it is a handful. there is a lot of work and im so picky. i think i ended up taking it apart and putting it back together several times but it all paid off today. ill tell you what, its quite a monster compared to my 550sx but in 10 min i was right at home. so ready for it to warm up!

If you want to ride Sunday there should be a few of us riding at Lake Powell in Panama City beach. If the pass is open you can ride in the gulf which is warmer, I don't think there will be any surf to speak of though.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
IMG_5211.jpgIMG_5217.jpgIMG_5203.jpgIMG_5210.jpg

so i have about 25 gallons threw it and decided to take the head off to check things out. turns out one piston is leaner than the other. so i double checked the carbs and one was a 1/4 turn off on the low.... which is totally my fault. but thats why im checking it out, this is a huge learning experience. i also had some problems with the exhaust overheating from the waterbox back. after pondering for a few i decided that i wanted to change my water routing a bit. tomorrows run will tell if it works better. i think im going to end up cutting down the spring in my fcv to get it to open up earlier.

there is a pic of my sj for you suzi!

and yes thats my middle "bolt" on my b pipe... i needed it closed anyways lol

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
So how has the summer been treating ya? Hope lots of good times were had.

my summer was great overall. i learned alot, including which way the ribs face on the crank seals. ya i had to do a complete tear down because i put them in backwards and they popped out. did a good bit of riding fresh water, and a hand full of surf. did a lot of playing with the tuning of my pipe a fcv, also played with the carb tuning a bit. this was the first time i had ever tuned carbs. i still love everything just as much as the first day and thats what matters most. this summer got brought to a stop back in august. i started school in orlando at marine mechanics institute and i have been broke since. i now live in clermont fl on lake minnehaha which is chained to a few others. one including a wakeboard camp and tons of wakeboard boats. next summer should be fun and now i live an hour of so from daytona, and by next summer i should be a little more financially stable. its expensive to be a student in orlando.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
best thing is i still have compression in both cylinders after giving her hell for 140 gallons. i would say my first engine build went successful. i do have something draining by battery but have not had time to chase after it.

Last edited:

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Good to hear summer was entertaining. Lol! Setbacks are a bummer, but lessons well learned too. I've done my fair share! Hope school goes good and the wallet survives so you can get on the water again soon. An hour from Daytona. ... I'm going to puke now. Take it easy bro!

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
ok so a little update. she has sat up for a few months now and the last i knew i had a problem with batteries staying charged when it would sit for more than a few days. i had some down time from the holidays and decided to pull my ebox, found a good bit of corrosion in there and after cleaning and testing the lighting/charge coils, rectifier, and solenoid decided the drain was coming from the corrosion. got it all back together with a new e box gasket and 5200. i dont want to have to open it any time soon and i shouldnt have to.
about a week ago i got my first ride in several months. it was very needed and felt so good to be back on the water.

the next goal was to try and make the daytona freeride! so i decided i didnt have a trailer and had never been to a freeride before so i went satuday without the sj. it was fun just to walk around and check out all the vendors. there is alot of stuff i have seen online a thousand times but when you see it in person, its like WOW! like a super freak. work of art, and the guy on the green one sunday had some sweet moves. anyways, so i got bored walking around and really wanted to ride so i decided to go back to clermont ( 1 1/2 hrs, so not bad). i have several trailers at my house but the ski trailer needs bearings, which happens to be an odd size. but i didnt want to fix my roommates trailer for free anyways. so i started throwing around the idea of swapping two axles around to make a trailer that would work for the next day of the freeride.
IMG_20120114_172233.jpg

about that time Suzi comes to the rescue! she let me borrow a trailer that allowed me to ride sunday, and boy did I. im slap worn out today, but i had a blast. this makes about my 10th time in surf. im very comfortable in the surf but still learning. i can slash to the right but not so much to the left.

here is my subi and the wonderful trailer, thanks again Suzi!
IMG_20120115_133937.jpg

IMG_20120115_133904.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom