Blaster My First B1

Hi, im dan new to the forum today :) and recently bought my first blaster. i can't wait to start modding it and don't know which parts to put on first. any suggestions :) thanks Dan

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Exhaust, bars, footstraps intake grate and a prop if you are riding in surf.

For flat it needs nothing. Maybe a ride plate and intake grate.

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
What they said, start with a ride plate and intake grate. I broke my factory plastic pump shoe and rode without an intake grate for a whole season, and definitely appreciate having the scoop grate on there a lot more now riding in surf. I have a riva groovy plate, and a worx 201 grate.

Basic maintenance first too, go over the engine well and make sure it's a seaworthy ride first. I rode my blaster stock aside from the intake/ride plate for years and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Just this year I'm finally throwing a b-pipe on mine, and that might be all it needs to give it that extra pep in the surf I need. Don't feel like you gotta go wild with it at first, it's an awesome machine and it will take some riding before you outgrow the stock ride performance.

Got pics?

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
Working on blaster right now for someone and I am excited to be done with this thing to ride it for first time riding a blaster they r growing on me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply's, after reading them I've had another look round my ski and it already has a riva groovy plate on it and a pro-tec grate it also has a stainless pump shoe and stainless impeller but not sure of pitch, so i think a set of bars for cosmetic reasons and i will be out playing :) Haven't got any pics just yet ill try and get some at the weekend :) Thanks Dan

Last edited:
Ive also been looking at ride plates. Was thinking of going with a groovy. A lot of people seem to recommend them. But, ive also been hearing a lot about the shredmaster. Anyone use or recommend the shredmaster? and are they any good for riding surf or more for racing and cornering?

My first Blaster was all stock with a B pipe. Then I bought an all stock and rode it once. I would 100% put a pipe on it before anything else. Cancelling the rev limiter would be up there and for sure an intake grate and ride plate. I have a Riva intake and Groovy ride plate and am really happy with that set up.

wb1

Way She Goes
I have a B-pipe, riva rideplate and grate, visible cooling outlet, set up for pre-mix.

I am totally satisfied with all of these. Back in the fall i rode a friends completely stock b1 and there was a HUGE difference in handling, acceleration and even speed.

My next mods will be better handle bars, aluminum throttle, and maybe a new seat cover (non-slip material).

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I love my jet dynamics ride plate, I gotta look under and see what kind of grate I have, but it handles real good and the pump is always loaded, can't wait for a good season of riding!

that blaster always went good.

we should be riding more often very shortly. as long as we get a couple days in the 60's again.

AZRIDER

stupid desert
i like adding a third cylinder; (but it's not at all necessary)
dont forget a bilge pump------ very important
new handlebars are also a cheap must

Top Bottom