My first B1

seajm

Napkins..I fly a Starship
Well my first b1 and complete build is finialy done!! After a 10 gallons of fuel to break it in and to get used to it. I was WFO and having a blast when the nozzle broke where the steering attaches. it went hard to the right and I went careening through a canoe. The canoe acting as a ramp I went airborne and landed ski and all right in the seat of a paddle boat........What a ride!!! nothing broken but a little pride! Now I'm addicted I can't get off the thing. It's going for paint Wed.

seajm

I don't think I'm ready for that just yet. I've only had 1 weekend on it. I'm just getting used to getting my 6ft 225lb azz back on the thing. I've taken the handles off the back, so that makes it more of a challenge!

seajm

watch this closely , you dont need the back handles YouTube - waveblaster sidemount and carving

I don't want the back handles. I like the way it looks with out them................. I've been trying that, all that happens is I lose my shorts, nose full of water, and then it cavitates. I have been just starting it up and climbing on the back and hammerin it.....Works well!!

Last edited:

SoCal_WaveBlaster

back from the dead
im still trying to learn how to side mount...os the dude in the clip putting a foot on the blaster before he hammers the throttle?

I have found there are a couple of ways to side mount. The important thing to remember like most things with the blaster is the throttle is your friend.

Heres the steps
1) Clip in
2) tilt the machine a little towards you and start it up
3) turn hard right and hold
4) because im 5'9 and 215 im not long enough to do the foot thing on the back so I put my right knee on the back
5) hammer on the throttle
6) do the hokey pokey and you pull yourself out of the water

The other option is to do all these steps and just drag beside the machine, then use the resistance of the water to pull yourself onto the machine.

PS wear a wetsuit when trying this or tie your shorts up unless you like to do the I wanna show you my junk mount.

Takes some practice but you will get it. Only took me about a day just remember dont let go of the throttle till your on

seajm

im still trying to learn how to side mount...os the dude in the clip putting a foot on the blaster before he hammers the throttle?

Yea I think he is putting his foot in before he hammers it......I'll have to wait to try it when I get the ski back.....It's getting painted. I wanna look good while looking like a fool with no shorts on trying to side mount a Blaster!! :smoker:

SoCal_WaveBlaster

back from the dead
Yea I think he is putting his foot in before he hammers it......I'll have to wait to try it when I get the ski back.....It's getting painted. I wanna look good while looking like a fool with no shorts on trying to side mount a Blaster!! :smoker:

lmao

ive been trying to side mount for about 8 months, and ive only been successful 3 times...but i am 6'2" and 215lbs

im gonna practice it this weekend

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
I do it way different than the video. I think my way may be a bit easier for bigger dudes (I'm 6-2, 200).

Be on the left side of the ski, clip in, get it started, lean it over so the pump is unhooked and brap it a couple of times to clear it out (the last thing you want is for it to bog when it's go time). At this point be right in line with the bars with your legs straight down or even forward a bit like you are sitting in a chair. Lean the ski back upright until you can feel the pump hook and then nail it with the bars turned slightly left. The ass end will drop and you will get swung rearward by the resistance of the water. As this happens, allow the seat to slide under your chest and then rest all of your weight on it. You will now be able to easily swing your knees over onto the rear deck and continue to climb up onto the seat while under power. Sometimes, if I bail in a bad spot, when boarding I will ride out of trouble from the kneeling position and then climb the rest of the way on once I am out of the break zone.

I have been doing this for a while and have never realized it isn't how others do it.

I do it way different than the video. I think my way may be a bit easier for bigger dudes (I'm 6-2, 200).

Be on the left side of the ski, clip in, get it started, lean it over so the pump is unhooked and brap it a couple of times to clear it out (the last thing you want is for it to bog when it's go time). At this point be right in line with the bars with your legs straight down or even forward a bit like you are sitting in a chair. Lean the ski back upright until you can feel the pump hook and then nail it with the bars turned slightly left. The ass end will drop and you will get swung rearward by the resistance of the water. As this happens, allow the seat to slide under your chest and then rest all of your weight on it. You will now be able to easily swing your knees over onto the rear deck and continue to climb up onto the seat while under power. Sometimes, if I bail in a bad spot, when boarding I will ride out of trouble from the kneeling position and then climb the rest of the way on once I am out of the break zone.

I have been doing this for a while and have never realized it isn't how others do it.

DID YOU SAY ....Bars turned slightly ''LEFT'' ?

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles

Your way sounds like it would take alot of upper body strength. I think I'll try it though because I'm 6'1"

Top Bottom