My first backflip!

I finally grew a pair to try a flip while at Pacific City for SurfSlam this last weekend. Thanks to MattE for the encouragement and Swanny for having my back while attempting it!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HXVL_Lac6N8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HXVL_Lac6N8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Nice Job bro, that was a late hit... I've done that and ate sh*t before... Way to go, just wait until you hit a nice face....

The first ones do feel soooo good..

Way to go!

Was that your first attempt?

Any tips you wanna share?

Yes that was my first try at it. I was trying to visualize it all weekend in my head and after watching all the competitors throwing down I just made up my mind to go for it. The advice I can give is the same that was given to me, just pin it and hold on. The flip itself isn't really hard, it's mostly mental. Everyone is right when they say there's a lot less mechanics that go into it compared to rolls. I could have crouched more and kept my knees bent off the lip to rotate faster. After watching the video I do notice how late I hit it. I tried a second one right after the first and stopped rotating half way through the flip landing upside down.

Thanks to everyone for all the props! I was super stoked and can't wait to get back to do it again and get more comfortable with them.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Nice Job! Yet another thing I missed.. haha Someday maybe I will get my set to try it.. lol I have been accidentally upside down enough time you would think I would just pin it and complete the rotation... hahaha

This is literaly the only vid I've seen of a 750 goin big!!! Anyone have anymore vids of 750 rolls and flips???

Top Bottom