my first paint job

Whtbread

More Brap Please
As the title says this was my first paint job. The first pic shows the condition of the whole ski when I started.

Attachments

• before1.jpg
    before1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 101
  • paint1.jpg
    paint1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 73
  • paint2.jpg
    paint2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 55
  • paint3.jpg
    paint3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 60
  • paint4.jpg
    paint4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 63

Whtbread

More Brap Please
This ski was a mess when I started. I had a quote from one of the pro painters on the site for $1200. That's how bad it was. It turned out good but not nearly as good as the pro would have done. I have a new seat and some stickers on the way. It should look good when it is all done.

Those dogs Love that pool.

This ski was a mess when I started. I had a quote from one of the pro painters on the site for $1200. That's how bad it was. It turned out good but not nearly as good as the pro would have done. I have a new seat and some stickers on the way. It should look good when it is all done.

Those dogs Love that pool.

:biggthumpup:

"this is my kooshball. you cannot have it. I love it and it is mine."

Attachments

• memday1.jpg
    memday1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 97
  • memday3.jpg
    memday3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 49
  • memday2.jpg
    memday2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 59

Whtbread

More Brap Please
I used a urethane single stage paint. The paint was BASF Limco. I learned a lot about painting and I do think my next one will be a lot easier and come out better. I am hoping to be on the waves with it by Sunday or Monday.

Whtbread

More Brap Please
It does feel good to do your own work. I think it makes the ski more important to you.

I did have some major problems at first. I set up a paint booth in my garage with plastic. I put wood over my garage door tracks to expand the size of the plastic room. After I got two coats of paint on it the wood fell off, came down on the ski, put about 10 or so chips and scratches in the hull, then came down on the hood and knock it top side down on the ground. I had to completely start over.

Two things I learned are make sure nothing is going to fall on your paint and make sure you have plenty of room to move around in the paint booth. I know the first one sounds stupid but I never thought the wood would fall.

Top Bottom