My First RN SJ!!

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Hey everyone! So i bought a 1998 Superjet yesterday and I'm so excited! :bananajump: It's in great shape besides some scratches on the bottom of the hull, but i know how to re-gel coat it so its no big deal.

How do you tell if it has the Factory B Mod. pipe or the Factory B standard pipe?

Mods:
Riva Power Bomb Carbs
R&D head
Factory B
Solas impeller
Stubby cone
R&D deep scoop intake grate
R&D D cut ride plate
UMI 0 degree bars
UMI finger throttle
Hydro-turf mat
Prok spark arrestors
Boyesen intake
and few other little things here and there

The sad thing is its still just in the mid 40's around here, but i might just say @#$@ it and put my wet suit on and ride, but i know i will still freeze my balls off.

I will have more pictures in a few days:

Attachments

• Superjet22.jpg
    Superjet22.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Its a older mod pipe b/c of the weld (shortened)... Not sure on the waterbox.

K thanks! The new pipes have a different weld pattern?

I re-hooked up dual cooling.....will this work: (see attachment)

EDIT: Picture 2 is how it was hooked up, which didn't look right to me...
(the pink circle is were the hose is NOT connected)

Attachments

• b-pipe dual cooling.JPG
    b-pipe dual cooling.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 70
  • b-pipe dual cooling 2.JPG
    b-pipe dual cooling 2.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

BombThreat

'Diggity
K thanks! The new pipes have a different weld pattern?

I re-hooked up dual cooling.....will this work: (see attachment)

EDIT: Picture 2 is how it was hooked up, which didn't look right to me...
(the pink circle is were the hose is NOT connected)

On my setup, both my cooling lines from the pump go into the manifold (without any tee's). Also the rear head cooling line goes to the bottom of the headpipe fitting. The line from the top of the headpipe to the stinger looks good, the only thing different is I have a jetworks flow control valve after the tee. Everything else looks fine.

Also I would highly suggest installing some water filters on both the lines coming from the pump. Sand and tiny pebbles can quickly overheat a motor if clogged someplace.

Can be found here, I use 50x50 mesh. Part #98775K414 www.mcmaster.com

Last edited:

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
On my setup, both my cooling lines from the pump go into the manifold (without any tee's). Also the rear head cooling line goes to the bottom of the headpipe fitting. The line from the top of the headpipe to the stinger looks good, the only thing different is I have a jetworks flow control valve after the tee. Everything else looks fine.

Also I would highly suggest installing some water filters on both the lines coming from the pump. Sand and tiny pebbles can quickly overheat a motor if clogged someplace.

Can be found here, I use 50x50 mesh. Part #98775K414 www.mcmaster.com

Thanks! I will definitely get me a set of those filters.
I guess your running 1/4 cooling line?(part # was for 1/4) I'm running 3/8.

Is this how you think i should set it up? (see attachment)

Attachments

• b-pipe dual cooling 3.JPG
    b-pipe dual cooling 3.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 38

BombThreat

'Diggity
Thats just the size of the NPT fittings. Just get 1/4" strait male threaded / 3/8" barbed fitting for the filters. Use 3/8" cooling hose, nothing smaller. Here's a edited diagram. If ya have any Q's PM me.

Attachments

• watercooling.jpg
    watercooling.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 43
nice looking ski.. i just picked up my 1st superjet a couple days ago also, its a 2000 but unlike yours..mine was a saltwater tank for a couple years and now im trying to undo all the damage so its in process of being fixed!

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
I worked on a saltwater seapoo and man that thing had like 20 bolts that were corroded solid!! Lots of PB blaster took care of most of it.

Good luck on your ski.

nice looking ski.. i just picked up my 1st superjet a couple days ago also, its a 2000 but unlike yours..mine was a saltwater tank for a couple years and now im trying to undo all the damage so its in process of being fixed!

Top Bottom