SX/SXi/SXi Pro My First Stand Up.

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Well guys I wasn't sure where to post this (build threads or here) so I figured here. Ski is a 1995 750SXi, it was all stock when I bought it last year (minus some Hydroturf a finger throttle and some bars) and I only got to ride it about 5 times before it got too cold. Previous owner took great care of the ski and it is in awesome shape for a 1995. I was going to just ride it stock this season, but after seeing some of the ski's on this forum...I just can't deal with stock...lol So far I have purchased a set of Toby's footholds, a R&D aquavein intake grate, a R&D intake, ODI ruffian lock on grips, a Blowsion freestyle pump cone, translucent green fast flex fuel hose, Boyesen CF reeds and I gasket matched the intake and reed cages, I also polished the intake tract of the manifold. Tonight I started removing the factory graphics for some new ones and man what a PITA. As I do more things to the ski, if a mod wants to move it to the builds thread that is fine with me. But anyways, here are some pics.
20120330_194203.jpg20120330_194234.jpg20120330_194251.jpg20120330_194303.jpg20120330_194415.jpg

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
There has to be a better way to get these graphics off guys. I have been using a blow dryer and a plastic scraper and it is actually pulling the paint off with the graphic in some spots. I also have a few quick questions for you guys. The oil tank can be removed completely when the oil block off is installed correct? When you guys turf the rails are you removing the rails and bumpers completely or are you turfing over them?

TONS of guys recommend this http://www.amazon.com/3M-Stripe-Wheel-07498-Hardware/dp/B00063VT0G I personally have never used it, but I hear it is a godsend when removing decals. If I ever need to strip decals, I will definitely be ordering one! Oil tank can be removed once block off plate is in. Lots of guys run 40:1. Make sure your carb has been primed with premix before you pull the injection system so your not running oil-less. Remove the rails before you turf. Sell them to make back a few bucks if your not planning on using them again.

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
I'll have to pick one of those up in the morning, I don't want to peel of any more of the paint than I already have. I just hope that the new graphics will be thick enough that you won't be able to notice it. Hopefully I can get the footholds and everything installed before it gets nice enough to ride, I've never done the hold install or turfing on a stant up with holds so we'll see how it goes...lol

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Well I just got done in the garage for the night. I got all the turf and the under pad off, I also took off the bumpers and the rails. I ran out of goo gone so I'll have to pick up some more of that in the morning when I get that eraser wheel. When it's time to turf I think I'll go with the black bumper that Blowsion sells and just turf the rest. Before I do turf should I epoxy all the holes from the rails? I'll get some pics and post them up tomorrow if anyone has any interest.

That bumper from blowsion is expensive...just turf over the whole rails and save some cash for an exhaust or something..and dont bother epoxying over the small screw holes for the rails, no real need..

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
All I can say is WOW, that 3M eraser wheel works amazing. It seriously did in a 1.5 hrs or so what would have taken me a week to do with a hair dryer and a scraper. I'm not too worried about the price of the bumper as long as it fits and looks great with the new turf.

I got all the graphics off today, cleaned up the tray pretty good and fiddled with a few other things. Do the pissers in the front just pull out or is there a nut holding them in from behind the hull? To get the dash pad off I see that the latch has to be removed along with the knobs, I got the knobs off and I'm assuming the 4 bolts holding the electronics box on need to come out to access the 4 nuts that hold the latch to the hull....am I correct?

The next step will be removing the handpole and gas filler door and prepping them for paint. In reality I'd like to get a RRP pole but I can't really see that till down the road.

On a side note, I'm not sure if I'll be receiving the R&D intake I ordered off Ebay. I got a message from the seller's brother-in-law informing me that he had passed away in a motorcycle accident last week and they're not sure where his Ebay items are. So if they can't find them I guess I'll just go with the Blowsion tornado air forced filters.

I think the rubber right side fuel breather just pops out, I never had stock pissers on my ski but my blowsion ones screw on inside the ski, you are also correct you will have to pull the ebox to get to the 4 nuts that hold on the hood latch...my advice is just start labeling things and taking them apart, you will learn on the way..also as far as a aftermarket pole keep an eye out for a AC aluminum pole, those can be had for a decent price (2-300 probably) I got mine with a parts package so paid nothing for it and they are a good upgrade since stock ones crack easily..pm me if you have any random questions, I have been building a 750sxi race ski from the ground up with basically every R&D part made for them so I probably have a pretty good idea on any other questions you may have... also sxipro02 is very good with the 750s, good luck

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Yeah I'll be ordering the crank drain block off along with the oil block off. I'm not really sure if I like the look of the AC pole, so I'll prolly just hold out for the RRP one over the winter. I'll have to look closer, I'm sure the both just pop out. I'll be replacing those with the Blowsion 45 degree ones. And its funny you mention sxipro02, his ski is actually the inspiration for my build right now. I hope mine turns out half as nice as his...lol I'm not sure I've seen your ski, post up a link so I can check out some pics.

I'm also debating going with the new graphics or having it painted. I think I'll just slap a new graphic kit on so I'll be able to get as much riding done this season, and then address that issue this winter also.

My R&D 750 can be seen here http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/109076-wtb-750-Black-front-and-back-bumpers it has all blue blowsion pissers/bilge exits/cooling/fuel lines, blue sudco carbs and obviously the R&D exhaust isnt in any of those pictures but ill probably bring my build thread from pwctoday.com over to here when I finish which should be soon if I can figure out how to make my R&D headpipe to clear the waterbox..or how to put in an inline silencer without having a bunch of couplers all over the exhaust...anyhow if you run into problems let me know, i have ran into about every single one possible on my build! haha

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
I'm not really sure about the carb deal. I've always been a sit down ski & atv rider, so the whole stand up deal is new to me. I just got bored riding a sit down, the stand up is a ton more exciting...lol Nice SJ btw.

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
I'm placing an order for supply's to install my footholds tomorrow, but I have a few questions. I was looking at the stuff Blowsion sells, but have also seen USComposites has a good reputation also. My question is, would it be easier to just but the footwell/reinforcing kit, the pint expanding foam, and the pint epoxy from Blowsion?

I bought all my stuff from uscomposites and am very happy with all the products they sell and their customer service...also no idea why every ski had in the 90s had to basically have purple all over it?

Top Bottom