SX/SXi/SXi Pro My First Stand Up.

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
There were 2, one with a monster sticker for 40$ buy it now and a auction one. The one that people were bidding on went for over 80$ with shipping, I figured I might as well jump on the but it now auction so I don't have to sand and paint the stocker.

deviantek- just go to pwctoday and put a WTB up, thats how I found my cover $25. Honestly the ski doesnt look as good without one..in my opinion..
Lightnin- Did you order that decal set yet?

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Actually no I didn't...lol Now you got me trying to decide between the one I wanted or the pwcgraphics one just for this season and then that kit over winter when I go over everything again.

Should have just bought your supplies from uscomposites, would have already been there! haha As far as the decals do you really want to put some on just for the season to pay more next season to do it again? I have found out when putting my ski together that as long as Im doing something to do it the right way and the way I want the first time so I dont have to do it again...even if that meant spending a bit more money or having to wait on parts...I havent seen cooler graphics then the site you showed me, just gotta ask yourself if its something you will be happy with for a few years because then its worth the cost..

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Cost really isn't a factor, in the long run I wanna get a custom paint/airbrush job. I figure these graphics will hold me over until this winter when I do the full teardown. That's why I think I'm leaning towards the pwcgraghics kit right now, but who knows...my plans change daily...lol As for the glass supplies, I'll def. be going with uscomposites from now on.

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
So when i lay the fiberglass, does the woven part of the mat go against the ski or the chopped strand part? I'm assuming the chop strand part goes against ski.

And when I glass in the bottom mat from hold to hold across the deck...should I cut holes when the bolt heads are recessed into the deck or just glass over those also?

Last edited:
I thought I heard to not use chopped only mat? You got all this stuff from blowsion? Your talking about the rivets (bolt heads)? I would just glass over em.. F it haha

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
No, one side is chopped and the other is a weave. Yeah it's the Blowsion install kit. The 2 bolts that are through the deck into the hull, they are like recessed into a bolt head shaped hole in the deck.

oh yeah I know what your talking about now...I would ask around but my thoughts would be chopped to the hull and weave on the outside? And your going to turf over those bolt heads anyhow, I believe they are for the pump..no worries..

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
I went with 5200 between the holds and gunwales, rivited them in, 2 layer's of epoxy, scuffed all that up real good, wetted the glass cloth and the surface, and applied. So far it's only one layer, how many layer's should I lay? I still need to order the fiberglass sheet to run from hold to hold across the deck. It's lighter than the stock pole, few issues I have with it are....the welds don't go the whole way around the smaller tubes, you can't use a spring with it, you cant use the stock chinpad, you can't install the piece that keeps the pole up with the little bar. I believe it is shorter than a stock pole also, I didn't measure but the cables look way long now. All in all it seems like an ok pole, but I'll for sure be ordering one from the member who makes them on here or an ac pole. I got the handlebars installed though and I think it's going to look badass with the Blowsion bars and pad.

Top Bottom