Super Jet My first Super Jet!

The wait is over! I purchased my first super jet today. It is a 1990 with a stock 650. It has a couple goodies but everything else is stock!

What do you think?

'90 Superjet 014.jpg'90 Superjet 004.jpg'90 Superjet 037.jpg'90 Superjet 024.jpg'90 Superjet 001.jpg'90 Superjet 046.jpg'90 Superjet 034.jpg

I'm hoping I get to ride this beast today. I think it needs a new pole spring and a limiting rope. And obviously it needs to be registered. lol

what do you mean clamp it down tight? lol

Like the looks of the pole. Yeah, the pole is heavy!

A tight pole gives you something to lean against and helps a great deal when doing tricks and stuff. Just take the bolt off, remove the spring, and reinstall the bolt tighter with a lock washer. I run my waterdawg bracket like this with no problems and used to run a stock bracket like this. X metal and RRP make pinch bolt kits so that's another option. It takes a little getting used to but once your there there's no going back to a spring.

X2 on the roundnose pole too. Lighter and you can shorten it to your liking. Sell the AC and you should be able to fund everything for the conversion. Just one of the things you can do to improve it for cheap, along with cutting the front bondline even, re-doing the hood liner, quicksteer, etc., etc., etc!!!!! haha

But just ride it and enjoy for now. Save anything that doesn't need to be fixed or changed right now for when there's snow on the ground!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom