SX/SXi/SXi Pro My first time ride stand up..

So I bought a 93 750SX in February, spent alot of time getting it all ready for the summer. Paint, turf, a couple of issues. Took it out Sunday afternoon, it was raining all day and I lucked out it cleared up when I got to the ramp. The fresh wheel bearings were super quiet on the way to the ramp, so far so good. Drop it in, tie to the dock and it runs good. Time to learn to ride stand up. It wasnt as hard as I thought. I fell while trying to turn and then I had to come back in. I had forgot my paper work to the ski, the trailer unregistered, no life vest, no launch sticker on the trailer and some guy was yelling at me in the marina so I had to bring it in. Next time I will go a little more when im more prepared.. When I fell I had to swim 30 ft to the ski and I got winded real quick; so thats it, i stopped smoking sunday night and been hanging on pretty good so far. Can't wait this weekend looks promising, almost 80 degrees sunny.

Uh? :twak: For not being more prepared...

Seriously think for one second, you've never ridden a standup and you head out on a unproven ski without a vest on and probably no suit on in cold NY waters? :confused:

swapmeet

Brotastic
Congrats on your first ride, but be safe man. Think about how much it would suck to spend all that time on your ski just for some other Dbag to get it cause you drowned.

Its all about the surf!
Welcome to the addiction Bro. Get out there again soon, just be prepared, things can go south on the water very quickly and as you've already experienced swimming sux, even for non smokers!

I don't need a safety course guys, if you forgot your vest home you would still go for a quick spin too. I just installed a hitch on the oldsmobile today and it's packed ready for this weekend. Can't wait to get back out there, I have only had 1/2 a cig since Sunday. Only succumbing to my electronic cig when I really need a smoke. If you're all interested http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp work out pretty good for me. Anybody else in NY? Im looking to go out from wantagh or freeport this weekend if it clear up.

Last edited:
I don't need a safety course guys, if you forgot your vest home you would still go for a quick spin too. I just installed a hitch on the oldsmobile today and it's packed ready for this weekend. Can't wait to get back out there, I have only had 1/2 a cig since Sunday. Only succumbing to my electronic cig when I really need a smoke. If you're all interested http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp work out pretty good for me. Anybody else in NY? Im looking to go out from wantagh or freeport this weekend if it clear up.

i might ride satarday freeport not sure yet... can you fit my blaster on your trailer? if not you could meet me at my house and use my pick up (8ft bed) one ski on trailer and one in the bed.can you drive stick? thats the only way of me getting to the ramp.. let me no what you want to do..

Yeah we can use ur truck. As long as the weather is good man im down. Really could use someone else out there while I learn. I promise my friend a try on my ski so he can help with the lifting.

Top Bottom